+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF for landing

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
I will land - stay for a week - and come back. I do not like the idea of unnecessarily withdrawing large sums of cash from my account and carry that shit with me :), can I just take my account statements of last 6 months (from 2 large well known north American banks)? or is carrying cash a must? thanks

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
I will land - stay for a week - and come back. I do not like the idea of unnecessarily withdrawing large sums of cash from my account and carry that shit with me :), can I just take my account statements of last 6 months (from 2 large well known north American banks)? or is carrying cash a must? thanks
No, you don't need to carry cash. Just the proof of funds documents as evidence (and it appears that, most of the time, the Immigration Officers don't even check these, but carry them anyway, just to be safe).

I'm pretty sure most people don't withdraw the cash and bring it all with them unless they have no other choice (that would be so dangerous!!!!). I suspect most of the funds are transferred over a period of time through wire transfers and the like, from old accounts, directly into the new Canadian ones...

Reactions: LalluBhaiya

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
No, you don't need to carry cash. Just the proof of funds documents as evidence (and it appears that, most of the time, the Immigration Officers don't even check these, but carry them anyway, just to be safe).

I'm pretty sure most people don't withdraw the cash and bring it all with them unless they have no other choice (that would be so dangerous!!!!). I suspect most of the funds are transferred over a period of time through wire transfers and the like, from old accounts, directly into the new Canadian ones...
Ok thanks, so you mean 6 months bank statements (I will also carry debit cards and checks associated with those accounts) would suffice?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Ok thanks, so you mean 6 months bank statements (I will also carry debit cards and checks associated with those accounts) would suffice?

Hmmm, I don't think the proof of funds requirement is quite as strict once you're landing as it is when we're doing the application, so I assume 6 months of bank statements would suffice, especially since they're rarely checked. But just to be safe, if I'm lucky enough to get my application approved, I'm going to get revised versions of my proof of fund letters that I submitted with the application (because I have no manner of luck at all and, with my fortune, I will get the one Immigration Officer at the airport who actually checks AND wants proper proof of funds letters). Debit cards and checks are always a good idea for ACCESSING your funds, but as PROOF of funds, they won't be helpful...

Reactions: LalluBhaiya

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Hmmm, I don't think the proof of funds requirement is quite as strict once you're landing as it is when we're doing the application, so I assume 6 months of bank statements would suffice, especially since they're rarely checked. But just to be safe, if I'm lucky enough to get my application approved, I'm going to get revised versions of my proof of fund letters that I submitted with the application (because I have no manner of luck at all and, with my fortune, I will get the one Immigration Officer at the airport who actually checks AND wants proper proof of funds letters). Debit cards and checks are always a good idea for ACCESSING your funds, but as PROOF of funds, they won't be helpful...
Ok, yes agree - makes sense too have statement as well as letters.