-
Passport Req..
20th July 16
VISA ISSUED...
02nd Aug 16
LANDED..........
End of September
Hello members,

We are going to land in Saskatoon,SK in the end of the September. (Thanks to this forum :))

Now the main question which is bothering me is about the fund to show at the time of the landing. We do not have any job offer from Canada and we are a couple. So, I heard that we need to show 15,500CAD$ or something...

1. Is it mandatory?
2. I know many of the people whom NO officer have asked about the proof.
3. How safe is it to go with some less fund?

Please answer.
Thanks in advance.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
1. Yes, it is mandatory, even though some IOs do no ask the landing immigrant to provide the PoF.
3. It is risky. These stated funds (minimums) are supposed to help you meet your day-to-day needs as you settle-in and look for work. You do not have any job offers and definitely do not know when you'll obtain employment, yet you have to survive...

Here's the link for your ref on the accurate amounts: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Remember, these are minimums, if you can raise more, the better for you.

All the best.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
ektaahm said:
Hello members,

We are going to land in Saskatoon,SK in the end of the September. (Thanks to this forum :))

Now the main question which is bothering me is about the fund to show at the time of the landing. We do not have any job offer from Canada and we are a couple. So, I heard that we need to show 15,500CAD$ or something...

1. Is it mandatory?
2. I know many of the people whom NO officer have asked about the proof.
3. How safe is it to go with some less fund?

Please answer.
Thanks in advance.
How much you travel with, and how much is available to you are two different things.

The IO is not really going to be bothered about how much you travel with, they might want to confirm how much is available to you either in the bank (in Canada and overseas), credit/debit cards etc.

In terms of how much you actually need, you need alot. Moving is a big deal and you will need money in the first few months

abstalks

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was asked how much money I had but they did not ask for proof. My advise to you is carry this cash in pre-paid cards. Safer.
What I did was I took signed bank statements from my bank here showing I had more than enough funds for the purpose. I am not sure if this was satisfactory cause like I said, no one asked for proof.

ektaahm

Jul 8, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03rd Nov 15
Nomination.....
03rd Dec 15
AOR Received.
21st Jan 16
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
Med's Request
Submitted with file
Med's Done....
23rd Jan 16
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
20th July 16
VISA ISSUED...
02nd Aug 16
LANDED..........
End of September
abstalks said:
I was asked how much money I had but they did not ask for proof. My advise to you is carry this cash in pre-paid cards. Safer.
What I did was I took signed bank statements from my bank here showing I had more than enough funds for the purpose. I am not sure if this was satisfactory cause like I said, no one asked for proof.
Thanks. May I know from which bank u got the certi? I mean is it from india?