+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POE Issue

ZombieBoss

Jun 14, 2023
Hey everyone,

I wanted to share an update with you all. On May 12, I received a PPR (Passport Request) which I promptly submitted. Shortly after, I received my stamped passport. However, my college, Niagara College, requires either a POE (Port of Entry) or a Study Permit for me to register for classes. It has been a month since then, and I'm unsure about what steps to take next.

The deadline for submitting the required documents to Niagara College is July 3, 2023. Any advice or suggestions on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
POE should be in your GC Key
Study Permit is issued only when you land in the country

PPR letter is usually an acceptable document for DLI's

sha_run

Aug 5, 2023
Actually I received POE after raising webform. FYI i raised webform twice.
Can I please get some more info? How long it took for you to get LOI after raising webform? What exactly did u ask for? Can u please share link if possible

ZombieBoss

Jun 14, 2023
Can I please get some more info? How long it took for you to get LOI after raising webform? What exactly did u ask for? Can u please share link if possible
I didn’t get u on whatsapp cause your country code is missing please contact me on my number +9779860919690

ItsOkToBeSmart

Star Member
Jul 28, 2023
Usually if your study permit is approved you will receive the POE (Letter of Introduction) a day after stamping on passport. Many students do not receive this letter, and no, you do not need this letter if you didnt receive it, just show the immigration officer a screenshot from the tracker with your study permit number (Link: https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login) its enough. Some airlines will require you to have this letter and you should talk with the airline if they require this letter or not.

sha_run

Aug 5, 2023
Usually if your study permit is approved you will receive the POE (Letter of Introduction) a day after stamping on passport. Many students do not receive this letter, and no, you do not need this letter if you didnt receive it, just show the immigration officer a screenshot from the tracker with your study permit number (Link: https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login) its enough. Some airlines will require you to have this letter and you should talk with the airline if they require this letter or not.
Status is shown as " processing" . I'm confused! They r processing my application after stamping? And for more then 2 months?
Btw thanks for the link!

ItsOkToBeSmart

Star Member
Jul 28, 2023
Then I cannot use it right?
You can use it as you application is approved. If you have got your passport stamped then it means you are eligible to go to Canada. Many people have this problem where their background is still showed to be under review after the approval.

sha_run

Aug 5, 2023
You can use it as you application is approved. If you have got your passport stamped then it means you are eligible to go to Canada. Many people have this problem where their background is still showed to be under review after the approval.
Just to be sure can I know your sources?
This is my first time travelling so I'm really worried to take risk

ItsOkToBeSmart

Star Member
Jul 28, 2023
Just to be sure can I know your sources?
This is my first time travelling so I'm really worried to take risk
You can check the previous discussions on this forum regarding POE. This is a common issue, you can find same situation as yours on reddit and quora as well.