waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
already in Canada!
Hi all,

I'm evaluating the opportunity of apply under the new EE system. I hope I receive my BCPNP nomination soon but I have some difficulties in understanding the new EE.
they state:

"Note: All prospective candidates (whether PNP applicants or not) must meet the criteria of at least one of the federal immigration programs managed through Express Entry in order to enter the pool, and must submit their application online."

what does it mean? If I do not fall under one of the federal program my PNP is not useful at all?

thank you for your answers,

BCdream

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
From what I understand, if you are a PNP Nominee and have a valid nomination when EE goes live you can still apply PR through EE instead of going the paper route. However, make sure you have meet the requirements of at least one program and most PNP Nominees will most likely meet the CEC program requirements. It is just that having a PNP Nomination gives you extra 600 points which sends you closer to the top of the rankings, ie. having a higher chance of being selected for invitation. PNP is useful especially if you do not have arrange employment but meet all the other requirements (such as, but not limited to, at least 1 year work experience in a skilled job in Canada).

amardeepk

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-06-2015
I just called CIC and the lady said if you already have a nomination you need to go through older route.

I hope she is wrong! BUMMER

BCdream

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
waiting...
IELTS Request
not requested
File Transfer...
waiting...
Med's Request
waiting...
Med's Done....
waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
already in Canada!
ngelsa said:
From what I understand, if you are a PNP Nominee and have a valid nomination when EE goes live you can still apply PR through EE instead of going the paper route. However, make sure you have meet the requirements of at least one program and most PNP Nominees will most likely meet the CEC program requirements. It is just that having a PNP Nomination gives you extra 600 points which sends you closer to the top of the rankings, ie. having a higher chance of being selected for invitation. PNP is useful especially if you do not have arrange employment but meet all the other requirements (such as, but not limited to, at least 1 year work experience in a skilled job in Canada).
first thank you for the answer.
My situation is strange: I (hope) will be nominated under PNP skilled worker cathegory (cook) but, if I check the requirements for skilled trades, I do not have the two years of experience in the cook profession.
On the other hand I have a lot of years of experience in other NOC codes (different than cooks) but my job offer is for cook position.
So, if I check the requirements for federal skilled worker I do not fit because I have a job offer in a skilled trade (but I have work experience as skilled worker, even if in different nocs) while if I check the requirements for skilled trades I have a valid job offer but not enough experience (less than 2 years).
I am feeling very frustrated...

BCdream

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
waiting...
IELTS Request
not requested
File Transfer...
waiting...
Med's Request
waiting...
Med's Done....
waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
already in Canada!
amardeepk said:
I just called CIC and the lady said if you already have a nomination you need to go through older route.

I hope she is wrong! BUMMER
(not) nice to know... but it seems to be different from what they write on the website...

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
BCdream said:
(not) nice to know... but it seems to be different from what they write on the website...
Take a time to collect more info, I am doing that ! :)
Everyone saying diff -diff after they call CIC..! More info is coming on the way..

Reactions: WhatTheFCan

Ekniranjan2

Dec 2, 2014
If you already have PNP nomination, then it(nomination) has to be valid on the date on which you submit EOI(expression of interest) or it has to be valid until the date you submit your application for PR once you get an ITA(invitation to apply)?

Experts, please clarify !