+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PROCESS TIME IN ABU DHABI OFFICE

Pikandpok

Mar 11, 2017
Dear All,

My husband applied (19 days ago) for LMIA exempt work permit online, together with an OWP for myself.
He has been nominated by Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program.

My question is:
We live and work in Abu Dhabi, UAE, therefore our online work permit application will be processed through
a.) UAE (which according to cic website, takes 5,5 months) or
b.) through our country of citizenship (which according to cic website takes 3 weeks) or
c.) there is a pool /department, only for online applications, which deal with all the online applications worldwide?
The timelines mentioned above that we've found on cic website are informative timeframes for work permit applications, it doesn't state if its paper based or online.

Also, when we applied, we selected that we are residents of Abu Dhabi, UAE but there was a thick mark in one of the forms, where we could choose where we want our application to be processed, therefore we chose our country of citizenship.

Which of the above processing times are we looking at? Any expat experience? Please share, we could not find this info anywhere, nor could the abu dhabi visa office answer.

besbi07

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2015
Hi there,

anyone sent a paper based application to CIC?
I have couple of Q
1. how many months before the file transfer to VO from CIC?
2. in ADVO how many months they will provide AOR? its include MR?

thanks to those who will answer my queries...

solimane

Oct 20, 2013
besbi07 said:
Hi there,

anyone sent a paper based application to CIC?
I have couple of Q
1. how many months before the file transfer to VO from CIC?
2. in ADVO how many months they will provide AOR? its include MR?

thanks to those who will answer my queries...
on average AOR is received after 2 to 3 months after receiving the file, for MR some of this forum followers including me have received MR after 17 months from AOR
I hope this helps you

besbi07

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2015
solimane said:
on average AOR is received after 2 to 3 months after receiving the file, for MR some of this forum followers including me have received MR after 17 months from AOR
I hope this helps you
thanks a lot... but 17 months is too much considering they claimed 16 months processing for paper based application.. anyway thanks for the info.. indeed it helps me..

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
besbi07 said:
thanks a lot... but 17 months is too much considering they claimed 16 months processing for paper based application.. anyway thanks for the info.. indeed it helps me..
This is the quickest among all.

Pikandpok

Mar 11, 2017
Hi all,

Please answer.
I am quite lost here, with all this information.
I am applying tomorrow for PR, paper based application, through PNP.
I am a resident of Abu Dhabi, but I am sending the docs myself, prepared myself. No relation to Abu Dhabi visa office.
When should I be expecting my medicals? I read that some of you, have been requested after quite a long time (ex.18 months), due to the Abu dhabi visa office, which is processing the documents slowly. I thought the documents are being processed in Canada.

I would like to become pregnant as i'll be 31 this year and waiting for another 18 months is not helpful.
Also, we have applied online for a work permit for my husband (has employment offer) and an open work permit for myself, waiting for that to process and we'll be heading to CA.

Oppinions please. :)

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Pikandpok said:
Hi all,

Please answer.
I am quite lost here, with all this information.
I am applying tomorrow for PR, paper based application, through PNP.
I am a resident of Abu Dhabi, but I am sending the docs myself, prepared myself. No relation to Abu Dhabi visa office.
When should I be expecting my medicals? I read that some of you, have been requested after quite a long time (ex.18 months), due to the Abu dhabi visa office, which is processing the documents slowly. I thought the documents are being processed in Canada.

I would like to become pregnant as i'll be 31 this year and waiting for another 18 months is not helpful.
Also, we have applied online for a work permit for my husband (has employment offer) and an open work permit for myself, waiting for that to process and we'll be heading to CA.

Oppinions please. :)
Because u r a resident of Abu Dhabi, so they automatically transfer your file to ADVO after AOR . This is the rule.

Pikandpok

Mar 11, 2017
Thank you for your reply, its very helpful.

Can I request for my file to be processed through my country of citizenship?

Also, if the work permit will be issued for us, we will be moving to Canada, i am assuming this summer. What will happen to our file, then? We will no longer be residents of the UAE. We will probably update the info that we moved and what happens then? They will send our file back to Canada and we start over again?

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Pikandpok said:
Thank you for your reply, its very helpful.

Can I request for my file to be processed through my country of citizenship?

Also, if the work permit will be issued for us, we will be moving to Canada, i am assuming this summer. What will happen to our file, then? We will no longer be residents of the UAE. We will probably update the info that we moved and what happens then? They will send our file back to Canada and we start over again?
Okay, you can try. In Generic Application Form, after step No. 3 and just below the Validate Button, a blank space provided to mention Preferred Visa office. It is written from the pen. You can write their Ottawa or Nova Scotia.

tomasmrsfg

Oct 2, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
Guys good news!!

Just received our Medical Request today and we are also asked to pay for our Landing fee

Best regards

Home-manitoba

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
MPNP: May 2014
Nomination.....
Nov 13, 2015
AOR Received.
March 16, 2016
Med's Request
27/07/2017
Med's Done....
05/08/2017
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
12/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
tomasmrsfg said:
Guys good news!!

Just received our Medical Request today and we are also asked to pay for our Landing fee

Best regards
That's really good news!

bilalmpk173

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney/NS
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
23-March-2015
AOR Received.
13-11-2015
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
13-11-2015
Med's Request
Done
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
August 2018
tomasmrsfg said:
Guys good news!!

Best regards
Dear Please describe yours time after UCI! how long it took to get Medical Request after getting UCI????

tomasmrsfg

Oct 2, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
bilalmpk173 said:
Dear Please describe yours time after UCI! how long it took to get Medical Request after getting UCI????

@solimane Feb 4, 2016 when i received UCI, Nov 2015 when we applied to CIC