+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR - October-November-December 2016 Applicants

shb8602

Jan 14, 2017
Same here. It means that your application is waiting for final review/decision made.
I got updated last week. No ppr yet.
Hi,

I also called CIC on Monday and what agent told me was that the background check was done on April 25th, the day myCIC status changed to "Updated."
However, I would like to confirm that "updated" without changing any messages mean waiting for final review/ decision?
Because my "Review of Additional Document" is "Not Applicable" since I submitted my last document on April 18th and it is still same message even though the status changed to "Updated.."

INeedAPR

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
12-30-2016
Med's Done....
02-06-2017
Hi,

I also called CIC on Monday and what agent told me was that the background check was done on April 25th, the day myCIC status changed to "Updated."
However, I would like to confirm that "updated" without changing any messages mean waiting for final review/ decision?
Because my "Review of Additional Document" is "Not Applicable" since I submitted my last document on April 18th and it is still same message even though the status changed to "Updated.."
The detailed messages didn't change. But agent told me online account is somehow out of sync.
BG check is done for sure if the agent said to you. Just wait for your decision to be made.

shb8602

Jan 14, 2017
Ghost update April 17... no ppr yet...
I just got the gcms note I ordered Ap27 and I have learned that April 17 the officer updated my file...
I believe that's what that Ghost update was all about... Now my file is at PACE and due date is May 1, 2018... not still waiting for ppr...
Is PACE and the final review of the officer the same?
Question. Did you get pre-arrival letter?

shb8602

Jan 14, 2017
No... l am an inland applicant...
Oh seriously?
I am also inland and I got pre-arrival letter three weeks ago..

I think that is the reason...
I think you need to pass all three (Eligibility, Medical, and Background Check)/ four (if security check is also counts as one part) in order to get PPR after get Decision Made by Ottawa...

angie5704

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Oh seriously?
I am also inland and I got pre-arrival letter three weeks ago..

I think that is the reason...
I think you need to pass all three (Eligibility, Medical, and Background Check)/ four (if security check is also counts as one part) in order to get PPR after get Decision Made by Ottawa...
Whhhattt?!?!? My file location is PACE... so that means l wont get ppr soon... tsk tsk tsk

shb8602

Jan 14, 2017
Whhhattt?!?!? My file location is PACE... so that means l wont get ppr soon... tsk tsk tsk
Yea..
I think PACE is the place check for your PR PNP eligibility. (Getting pre-arrival letter means you pass the Eligibility.)
Of course Ottawa CPC do not want to waste of time to review the application that is not meet the eligibility.
So, I think once you get pre-arrival letter, then your application will transfer to Ottawa, make final decision, and PPR.
Did you do the medical?

angie5704

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Yea..
I think PACE is the place check for your PR PNP eligibility. (Getting pre-arrival letter means you pass the Eligibility.)
Of course Ottawa CPC do not want to waste of time to review the application that is not meet the eligibility.
So, I think once you get pre-arrival letter, then your application will transfer to Ottawa, make final decision, and PPR.
Did you do the medical?
Yup mr feb 12 and did med feb 15. Med Passed feb 24.. meaning every applicant will recieve pre arrival letter once the pass the eligibility? I thought that was for applicants outside Canada...

shb8602

Jan 14, 2017
Yup mr feb 12 and did med feb 15. Med Passed feb 24.. meaning every applicant will recieve pre arrival letter once the pass the eligibility? I thought that was for applicants outside Canada...
I was think so too.
But few of people I knew from this forum also got pre-arrival letter even though they are all inland applicants.

gurm2016

Mar 16, 2017
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Yea..
Did you do the medical?
I got pre arrival before medical request I got mr 2 months after my pre arrival and most applicants till February 2017 didn’t received any pre arrival it startered from march2017 applicants I think file transferred for final review after security is done and this stage is called PACE

angie5704

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
I was think so too.
But few of people I knew from this forum also got pre-arrival letter even though they are all inland applicants.

Just talked to a friend who just got thier pr this January and they didn't recived that letter... Do you have deependents outside Canada? Just wonder why some inland applicants got pre arrival letter