+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR - January - February 2017 Applicants>>>Lets Connect here

ali9i

Jan 25, 2017
Hi ali9i,

1) For the upfront medicals, you have to go to an authorized medical center and request upfront medical exams, then they will create for you an IME# and after all the test are done the clinic will submit the medical test report to IRCC directly. They will also give you an information sheet, I scanned and submitted the information sheet to IRCC by Case Specific Enquiry online. In the CSE, I told them that I would like to attach the medical results to my PR application. After around 2 weeks I saw in my GCkey account and ECAS that shows "You passed the medical exam".

2) About the Pre-arrival Services notification, I am not really sure, I haven't heard of this before either. Just today I received a message in my GCkey, and the message is a letter named "Invitation to Pre-arrival services" and it basically says that "you and your dependants can now receive pre-arrival services offered by Canada". I've seen other people in this forum that have received this letter.

Hope it helps,
Regards,
Thank you for your response and yea it helped.
I'm using CSE to submit my Upfront eMedical sheet. The authorized center created a UMI# for me but they did not create IME#. So I'm just wondering if any additional action is required from my side.

Marty_Mcfly!

Mar 23, 2017
Thank you for your response and yea it helped.
I'm using CSE to submit my Upfront eMedical sheet. The authorized center created a UMI# for me but they did not create IME#. So I'm just wondering if any additional action is required from my side.
That's fine, the UMI# is also good, don't worry just submit your eMedical sheet through CSE and request to be attached to your PR application.

In my case for some strange reason when the clinic checked my UCI# in their system to create a UMI#, they saw that an existing IME# was already created by IRCC for some reason, but I never received any medical request in my GCkey, so they just uploaded my upfront medical results to that IME# and then I submitted the eMedical sheet through CSE.

Good luck.

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
Hi everyone, just providing a small update in my application,

January 31, 2017 - Application received by IRCC
March 23, 2017 - Received AOR
June 12, 2017 - Reminder Email
August 17, 2017 - Upfront Medicals (passed on August 30, 2017)
November 23, 2017 - BG changed to "Not Applicable" (Not sure when it changed since I saw it today)
November 23, 2017 - Invitation to use pre-arrival services received
Are you inland or outland applicant?

DAN14

Jun 3, 2016
Inland applicant, AINP
Hi Marty,

I have a question. I saw you are from AINP, could you please share with me which medical clinic do you use for your upfront medicals? I am considering to go this way to try to speed up my process. Don't know if it'll work.

Thanks.

Marty_Mcfly!

Mar 23, 2017
Hi Marty,

I have a question. I saw you are from AINP, could you please share with me which medical clinic do you use for your upfront medicals? I am considering to go this way to try to speed up my process. Don't know if it'll work.

Thanks.
Hi Dan14,

I did upfront exam in Calgary with Dr. Daniel HO
Address:
Olive Medical Centre, #272 Central Landmark Mall 1623 Centre Street NW, Calgary, Alberta.

Tell them you want to do upfront medical exam for PR, the clinic will create UMI number.

The type of medical that I did had the following detail:
IME: Non - EDE
Upfront medical type : Worker

Hope it helps,

karan gulati

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Hi Dan14,

Address:
Olive Medical Centre, #272 Central Landmark Mall 1623 Centre Street NW, Calgary, Alberta.

Tell them you want to do upfront medical exam for PR, the clinic will create UMI number.

Hope it helps,
Hello Marty,
I am also a single Inland Ainp Applicant.
Cic Received my application on : Feb13/17.
Got my application Number.
And still nothing updated.
so just wanted to ask can i go for upfront medical exam?
And one more thing do you have a guess or are you sure this speeds up the process.
Thanks

Marty_Mcfly!

Mar 23, 2017
Hello Marty,
I am also a single Inland Ainp Applicant.
Cic Received my application on : Feb13/17.
Got my application Number.
And still nothing updated.
so just wanted to ask can i go for upfront medical exam?
And one more thing do you have a guess or are you sure this speeds up the process.
Thanks
Hi karan gulati,

You can go for upfront medical if you want, is a personal decision. I know from other forums that they recommend that if you do upfront, you should do it at least 5 or 6 months after your AOR, since the medical exam is valid for 1 year that way they will not expire before you get your PPR.

To be honest I cannot say that it will speed up the process but there is also no issue in doing it if you want to do it. What I've seen seen in other forums is that if your medicals are already in the system by the time the officer is going to request medical exams it it should be in theory "faster", at least for the medical part, but to be honest there are no guarantees that doing upfront medicals will significantly speed up your application.

Reactions: Anna16

maicha

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Feb 2017
Doc's Request.
June 2017
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
April 2017
Med's Request
February 28 2018/ March 12 2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018/ May 17, 2018 PASSED
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
Hi everyone, just providing a small update in my application,

January 31, 2017 - Application received by IRCC
March 23, 2017 - Received AOR
June 12, 2017 - Reminder Email
August 17, 2017 - Upfront Medicals (passed on August 30, 2017)
November 23, 2017 - BG changed to "Not Applicable" (Not sure when it changed since I saw it today)
November 23, 2017 - Invitation to use pre-arrival services received
hi Marty,
I just checked my account and the BG chancged to " Not Applicable" but there are no message or note why it was changed.
On the Details it says "Your action required" (for almost 4 months) but there are no msg as well why it was like that.
My timeline
PR Inland submitted : Feb 2017
Aor: April 2017
Background form, RPRF,Police cert request: June 2017
no MR yet till now.

What does "Invitation to use pre-arrival services received" means?

Reactions: Anna16

DAN14

Jun 3, 2016
Hi Dan14,

Address:

Hope it helps,
Awesome. Thank you so much for the information!

shreyansh

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Prince Albert
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Doc's Request.
12-06-2017
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
13-02-2018
Med's Done....
22-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi , Here my Timeline
Inland PNP PR Applicant
Application Received Date: 12 jan.2017
AOR: March 2017

Received a letter in October to submit RRPF and police certificate (with all addresses on it).
Submitted required documents on 26 October (attached directly into online application).

Application Status in CIC Account:
Review of additional documents: We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
I am not sure why still it is saying that “We need more documents” I already sent the required ones two weeks ago.I am wondering if anybody else submitted the additional documents have similar situation?
Hii

call to cic and confirm with them if they have received it or not.

Ilikeblacktea

Mar 5, 2017
Hey guys! I'm SINP PNP inland. Got my AOR in March 15th....no meds request at this point.
Since my passport will be expired next summer I'm planning to change it. I know they say on CIC website that you are allowed to change your passport during the process but have to notify CIC office.
BUT what about my work permit? Since it is issued for the old passport that
will be expired? Will I have to apply for another wp when I get my new passport?
Anyways guys if you have some experience or have any suggestions on this " changing the passport during the process" issue please reply.

karan gulati

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Hello Everyone,
Inland AINP Applicant
File Received by CIC: 13 Feb/2017
Got a email from cic about Paying RPRF on Nov27 /17 , background check changed to not applicable.
I have already sent a cheque of $550 for processing fee along with my application package.
But now they are asking for $490 more.
I am ready to pay that but on the cic tab there is not any option to pay 490, it comes up with a total fee of $1040.
I wonder if anyone had any problem like this and can help me with this.
Also if someone can tell me how far are we after this step.
Thanks for your help.

Marty_Mcfly!

Mar 23, 2017
hi Marty,
I just checked my account and the BG chancged to " Not Applicable" but there are no message or note why it was changed.
On the Details it says "Your action required" (for almost 4 months) but there are no msg as well why it was like that.
My timeline
PR Inland submitted : Feb 2017
Aor: April 2017
Background form, RPRF,Police cert request: June 2017
no MR yet till now.

What does "Invitation to use pre-arrival services received" means?
Hi maicha,

The "Your action required" is a bug in the system, I used to have it as well, by that time I called CIC to ask them if I need it to submit something and they told me that everything was ok. I think for me that message was removed after they linked the upfront medicals, probably they updated the profile and removed the message. But you can give them a call and verify.

About the "Invitation to use pre-arrival services received", like I said in a previous answer I am not really sure, is just a letter that states that "you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada" and it has some links that you can use to register for recommendations about job applications and other services. This is the link that they provide

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp?utm_source=slash-pre-arrival-services&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=general