+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP - PR - Jan-Feb-March 2016 Applicants

Seiryu88

Apr 1, 2015
Category........
PNP
I know... same here. Mar 14 applicant. I did notice from yesterday MyCIC shows "We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details." However I don't see any message. Don't know what they need. Ugh so frustrating!
Hi, March 22 applicant here.
I am wondering, my file has been in Ottawa also since July awaiting final review. I managed to communicate with CIC call centre and they told me they don't need anything from me yet. Is there a way we could send an e-mail to Ottawa inquiring? After all, it's been 19 months. That's quarter of a year in delay....

connieyes

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Hi, March 22 applicant here.
I am wondering, my file has been in Ottawa also since July awaiting final review. I managed to communicate with CIC call centre and they told me they don't need anything from me yet. Is there a way we could send an e-mail to Ottawa inquiring? After all, it's been 19 months. That's quarter of a year in delay....
I don't know... I called and they said everything looks good, I should hear something soon. My MP office asked them too and got the same answer. I am losing patience... This is absurd. They don't have a deadline so it can be endless. I'm even tempted to go to the US and come back through the boarder illegally, that way I will have my PR in no time apparently.

Last edited:

lifewillbebetter

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2015
Doc's Request.
20-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
RPRF 30-08-2016
Med's Request
14-01-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2017 (passed on Jan 20)
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
Hello, sorry late here to update my status, Oct 12 receive the ppr and Oct 16 the cic has received my passport, waiting for the landing visa now.

lifewillbebetter

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2015
Doc's Request.
20-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
RPRF 30-08-2016
Med's Request
14-01-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2017 (passed on Jan 20)
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
Hi anyone got their passport back, whoever send their passport in october 1st week and 2 nd week ??
I sent my passport on Oct 12, and still waiting for the tracking number.

a938

Sep 29, 2017
I and my MP keep on calling CIC, basically we got the same answer, everything looks good and waiting for final review, anything else we could do ?

Seiryu88

Apr 1, 2015
Category........
PNP
I was looking at CIC website, on this page :
Service standard for all paper applications under the Provincial Nominee Program (including from applicants who did not apply via Express Entry)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/service-standards/prov.asp

I found this lines:
"Performance results
From April 2016 to March 2017, the service standard of 11 months was met 20 percent of the time. 80 percent of applications were processed in 16 months or less. Processing times increased as older cases in the inventory were being finalized. Newer cases are expected to be finalized in 2018."

What I do not understand is, if they are working on older files first, why are we seeing people who applied in January and have not yet received an answer yet, people who applied in April or May are starting to see results? Also, the part of March (or February), I think it is not a very long list (at least if we compare how many applicants from March are left and how many of January). Is there anything that could be stopping the remaining from March, and yet, where there so many complicated cases in January?

I ask this because I would like to understand what "Newer cases" means.

I would also like to ask if anybody has an idea of when was the deadline for Paper applications, I am pretty sure that the last application for BC PNP at least, was somewhere in February/March 2016, we had then to wait for 13 months to receive the nomination. Even if we got it in April, we only had 6 months to submit the certificate. Would that mean that the last applicants are somewhere in September/October 2017? If so, they should finish most of our files this year.

In BC, between 2015 and 2016, there were 6000 nominations. For 10 provinces, that would mean a rough 60 thousand nominations. 48 thousand of these are finalized on time (according to CIC). What are they doing with the remaining 12,000? :(

Reactions: MarsiaMS

connieyes

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
I was looking at CIC website, on this page :
Service standard for all paper applications under the Provincial Nominee Program (including from applicants who did not apply via Express Entry)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/service-standards/prov.asp

I found this lines:
"Performance results
From April 2016 to March 2017, the service standard of 11 months was met 20 percent of the time. 80 percent of applications were processed in 16 months or less. Processing times increased as older cases in the inventory were being finalized. Newer cases are expected to be finalized in 2018."

What I do not understand is, if they are working on older files first, why are we seeing people who applied in January and have not yet received an answer yet, people who applied in April or May are starting to see results? Also, the part of March (or February), I think it is not a very long list (at least if we compare how many applicants from March are left and how many of January). Is there anything that could be stopping the remaining from March, and yet, where there so many complicated cases in January?

I ask this because I would like to understand what "Newer cases" means.

I would also like to ask if anybody has an idea of when was the deadline for Paper applications, I am pretty sure that the last application for BC PNP at least, was somewhere in February/March 2016, we had then to wait for 13 months to receive the nomination. Even if we got it in April, we only had 6 months to submit the certificate. Would that mean that the last applicants are somewhere in September/October 2017? If so, they should finish most of our files this year.

In BC, between 2015 and 2016, there were 6000 nominations. For 10 provinces, that would mean a rough 60 thousand nominations. 48 thousand of these are finalized on time (according to CIC). What are they doing with the remaining 12,000? :(
There's no deadline for applications. Totally depends on how fast they process them.

PNPPR2016

Mar 29, 2017
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016 received CIC
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
June 2016
Med's Request
October 26, 2017 MR May 01,2017
Med's Done....
October 27 passed
Interview........
??
LANDED..........
INLAND
Hi Guys,

April 13,2016 applicant stil no DM/PPR.
Is there anyone same as my case?

I am starting to apply a new full time job due to unhealthy & stressful current work place.

Is there gonna be a problem if I change my employer while waiting for PPR?

As per CIC, I’am in the final review stage.

Appreciate your opinion:)

connieyes

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Hi Guys,

April 13,2016 applicant stil no DM/PPR.
Is there anyone same as my case?

I am starting to apply a new full time job due to unhealthy & stressful current work place.

Is there gonna be a problem if I change my employer while waiting for PPR?

As per CIC, I’am in the final review stage.

Appreciate your opinion:)
Jan applicants are just starting to get PPR and there are many like you applied in Feb or Mar haven't got anything yet. So you are not the only one. Changing job shouldn't be a problem as long as your work permit is open and allows you to do so.

PNPPR2016

Mar 29, 2017
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016 received CIC
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
June 2016
Med's Request
October 26, 2017 MR May 01,2017
Med's Done....
October 27 passed
Interview........
??
LANDED..........
INLAND
Jan applicants are just starting to get PPR and there are many like you applied in Feb or Mar haven't got anything yet. So you are not the only one. Changing job shouldn't be a problem as long as your work permit is open and allows you to do so.
I’m just worried it might add more delays with my PR app.

Trying to wait PPR with my current job, but TOO STRESSFUL now.

So do i need permanent FTE1.0(full time) for my new job as well??

connieyes

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
I’m just worried it might add more delays with my PR app.

Trying to wait PPR with my current job, but TOO STRESSFUL now.

So do i need permanent FTE1.0(full time) for my new job as well??
I would think so. Actually after you got PNP it doesn't really matter that much. I changed two jobs after I got my PNP. But they are both full time jobs.