Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
BC PNP Paper based PR Applicant.

Application Received : NOV 15 2017
AOR: Jan 20 2018
Medical Request: April 26
Medical Passed in Aug 20 - The want to re-do the XRay because they thought i have TB but nothing come in XRay. Wasted my 3 months.
BackGround Check: Progress(it been 3.5 months) is anyone know how long it takes????

Prince_11

Jan 6, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Hello Everyone,

Inland applicant under pnp categories
App Received - 6 Feb 2017
File number- 23 march 2017
medical request - March 1, 2018
Background check in process

since than, no news. ordered GCMS notes and everything looks alright in it.
Is there anybody on same boat

yes same boat. no updates from april

sk0101

Sep 15, 2018
my medical has been passed since April 6,2018.
8 months and nothing.
Apply for GCM Notes, try to get some update through MP or do some case enquiry or call CIC.

These things sometimes help to move your application forwards (This is not always the case for everyone).

nav1402

Oct 13, 2017
Apply for GCM Notes, try to get some update through MP or do some case enquiry or call CIC.

These things sometimes help to move your application forwards (This is not always the case for everyone).
I did applied GCMS notes couple of times and even called CIC. but nothing.
I have not contacted MP yet because i'm not sure about that as i'm still in 19 months processing.
But thanks for suggesting.

Reactions: abdisarockstar

Nsmansuri

Nov 27, 2018
I did applied GCMS notes couple of times and even called CIC. but nothing.
I have not contacted MP yet because i'm not sure about that as i'm still in 19 months processing.
But thanks for suggesting.
I did call callcentre couple of times and also did the web form.
Got gcms notes and also have contacted MP
No luck so far.
It has been 22 months so far

A

abdisarockstar

Is it true that you cannot work until you have your PR card? I’ll be renewing my work permit soon under BOWP. I was hoping to get my COPR soon and I’ll withdraw the work permit application. But I heard somewhere about not being able to work on just COPR basis. You need to have a physical PR card. Is this true?

WaiterCA

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Nomination.....
06-07-2017
AOR Received.
12-09-2017
Is it true that you cannot work until you have your PR card? I’ll be renewing my work permit soon under BOWP. I was hoping to get my COPR soon and I’ll withdraw the work permit application. But I heard somewhere about not being able to work on just COPR basis. You need to have a physical PR card. Is this true?
CIC and CRA doesn't care that you don't have an actual plastic PR card. They can see in their systems that you already have PR.

You can only have problems with employers who don't know what COPR is and scared about it.

Reactions: abdisarockstar

SCNU

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017

SCNU

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
For your information, PR card do not confirm your status inside Canada but at the border when you come into Canada. Your COPR is The true document that confirms your status as a permanent resident in Canada. So once you have landed and have your COPR, you can work, that is what you need to even change your SIN number and not the card.You can change your SIN number way before your PR card comes

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
sorry to say that I need to pick your brain again, folks . I am about to apply for a BOWP and a OWP for my wife , the only factor I am worrying about is that I am on parental leave now, and if they check my CRA record they will find that I am not getting paid is this going to be a problem ? thanks