+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP- PR ( CIC applicants SEPTEMBER and OCTOBER 2015)

jocker

Jun 4, 2016
Alexandra25 said:
I just filled out the form which I got in email with pen, didn't download anything,is that ok?
That's the way it should be done. I don't think many people would edit a pdf file (using special program) and type in the necessary information.

hugo19

Feb 5, 2016
Hey guys, I have a question regarding my expired visa. I have a valid work permit till March 2018. I think I don't need a valid visa when sending my passport to CIC upon the passport request, correct? I'm from a visa-required country so CIC will issue some kinda permanent residence visa along with COPR, correct? Could you guys confirm this, please?

Thanks.

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just completed my Landing today at Edmonton IRCC office. It was by appointment. It took 30 mins and was by far the best customer service I have ever had, atleast with a government official.

They asked the following questions:

When was your latest entry into Canada?
Do you have any Criminal Record?
Any dependents here or abroad?

They took the work permit and signed all the necessary paper work.

The good thing about this location is that all the essential government departments reside in the same building. e.g service Canada, IRCC, statistics Canada, Revenue Canada, etc.

So once you are done with the CiC agent you will go down stairs and get a new Social Insurance Number- that took 15 mins.

It's been a great 16 months journey. Good luck folks.

alexatam

Jan 4, 2017
Do i need to send passport with stapled work permit to it or just unstaple it from passport. It was stapled by immigration officer when entering Canada. How did you guys do?
Thanks

Mapple Leaf

Oct 20, 2016
Visa Office......
SGVO SINP OID
App. Filed.......
30th August 2016
Nomination.....
15th October 2016
AOR Received.
4th February 2017
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
21st Feb 2017
Med's Request
25th May 2017
Med's Done....
27/05/2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2017...got in hand in 31/07/2017
LANDED..........
hoping September 2017
pnoy ako said:
Got PPR today.Thank God and this forum
exactly 17 months.sept 21 applicant.
Can you share your timeline and application status i.e. sinp/mpnp..like this

jennyan

Mar 1, 2017
Saeidrr said:
Sep 4 applicant, still no DM or PPR :mad: I am getting so depressed and pissed off!
Can you guys give me an idea how long after your Background Check turned to "In Progress" you got DM in ECAS?
Hi Saeidrr, have you received any updates? I am Sep applicant as well, asked to submit detailed CV about master program and did not have any update since then, that was in Dec last year. Anyone else have same situation?

Thank you very much!

jocker

Jun 4, 2016
alexatam said:
Do i need to send passport with stapled work permit to it or just unstaple it from passport. It was stapled by immigration officer when entering Canada. How did you guys do?
Thanks
No, you don't. Just your passport.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
alexatam said:
Thanks
If its stapled by the officer, I'd leave it like that. I wouldn't staple loose permit (those mailed to me) by myself tho

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
If its stapled by the officer, I'd leave it like that. I wouldn't staple loose permit (those mailed to me) by myself tho

If the passport is all that is required you don't need to send in your work permit. They already have that information on file. All they need to do is put a stamp on your passport that says "IMMIGRANT".

AB-AM

Nov 28, 2016
Congratulation :)
Would you please share your timeline?

Papa Bomboy said:
Just completed my Landing today at Edmonton IRCC office. It was by appointment. It took 30 mins and was by far the best customer service I have ever had, atleast with a government official.

They asked the following questions:

When was your latest entry into Canada?
Do you have any Criminal Record?
Any dependents here or abroad?

They took the work permit and signed all the necessary paper work.

The good thing about this location is that all the essential government departments reside in the same building. e.g service Canada, IRCC, statistics Canada, Revenue Canada, etc.

So once you are done with the CiC agent you will go down stairs and get a new Social Insurance Number- that took 15 mins.

It's been a great 16 months journey. Good luck folks.

aminfkh

Jun 20, 2016
Hi jennyan,

I have been asked for additional information (resume, supervisor name, etc.) on Oct 31, 2016. The only thing changed since then is my background check which went to in progress in early Jan 2017. I have another friend who received the same information request and applied in July, 2015 and also still waiting...
I think the best thing is to be patient and just wait passively until we get it.. loll

I think, worst case, we should be getting it sometime in May or June or July... :D :)

jennyan said:
Hi Saeidrr, have you received any updates? I am Sep applicant as well, asked to submit detailed CV about master program and did not have any update since then, that was in Dec last year. Anyone else have same situation?

Thank you very much!

AB-AM

Nov 28, 2016
I have been asked for same info on Nov 28, 2016 and my background changed to In progress on Dec 22, 2016.
No DM or PR yet!

Nov 5 inland applicant

aminfkh said:
Hi jennyan,

I have been asked for additional information (resume, supervisor name, etc.) on Oct 31, 2016. The only thing changed since then is my background check which went to in progress in early Jan 2017. I have another friend who received the same information request and applied in July, 2015 and also still waiting...
I think the best thing is to be patient and just wait passively until we get it.. loll

I think, worst case, we should be getting it sometime in May or June or July... :D :)

jennyan

Mar 1, 2017
aminfkh said:
Hi jennyan,

Thank you Aminfkh for sharing your information. My background check went to in progress in Oct/Nov before I receive the additional document request...Weird.... Did you receive acknowledgment from them saying they have received your document? I haven't...

Good luck to all of us!