30-05-2015 (me) & 01-06-2015 (wife)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016
Ok so important update!

I called Immigration yesterday trying to get an appointment in Harry Hays building (Calgary). I explained that my permit is expiring on the 14th bla bla bla. The guy on the phone didn't care too much, sent the request and told me in around 3 weeks I would get an email with the date for my appointment.

Obviously I planned right away to go to the border this weekend since that's way after the 14th.

Well, just got an email from CIC that they book me for an appointment next Wednesday the 10th !! So I'll be able to my "landing" at their office.

This information will probably have value to anybody trying to land in a CIC office.

Will let you know how it goes next week !!

momo123

Oct 21, 2015
jstar1 said:
Help needed please

I got PPR but my wife did not receive it. She reside in different country and I am here in Canada. Applicants here with similar situation can you please guide?
In email only my name is mentioned. Our file no is same and applied at same time!
Waiting.

Hi jstar,
Did you get any update on why your wife name was not on ppr

Mountin

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks fistillarte for sharing your experience. That helps for sure.

skg1989

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
surrey
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i don't know why is cic taking time for my file.
most of ppl after me got ppr.

called cic many times
no response
they always say 15 months timeline

can any1 tell how can i ask agent for my file
i have seen many ppl were assisted my agents about their file

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
skg1989 said:
i don't know why is cic taking time for my file.
most of ppl after me got ppr.

called cic many times
no response
they always say 15 months timeline

can any1 tell how can i ask agent for my file
i have seen many ppl were assisted my agents about their file
As per your previous posts, a line was added last month for document request but did you receive any document request from visa office? If so then they might take some time to review it once they receive.

Did you apply for gcms notes? If not apply for it to know more detail on your application instead of calling cic call center wherein not many agents are willing to tell about the file.

Soon2332

Jan 21, 2016
Hi All,

Just wanted to make sure whether its OK to quit job after PR Landing or do we have to wait till we get PR card .

I saw one point mentioned in the PRTD document checklist - they ask for employment proof ,

So just wanted to double check whether employment has something to do with it even after Landing or not , somebody can share any experiences or any friends experience if they have any

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Soon2332 said:
Hi All,

Just wanted to make sure whether its OK to quit job after PR Landing or do we have to wait till we get PR card .

I saw one point mentioned in the PRTD document checklist - they ask for employment proof ,

So just wanted to double check whether employment has something to do with it even after Landing or not , somebody can share any experiences or any friends experience if they have any
Its for proving that you were/are in Canada. Its not mandatory document. They are giving list of documents to prove that you resided/reside inside the country.
Having PR card or travel document doesn't mean one is maintaining PR status hence this card or PRTD is just a travel document, not a confirmation on PR status.

PR = freedom. So its your choice on what you want to do with your job.

avv

Feb 20, 2015
Got my passports back today!!!

Passport sent on Jan 22, received by CIC on Jan 26 and returned today.

I am an inland applicant from Ottawa. Planning to do landing at Ottawa office.

Does anybody has any information about landing at Ottawa office?

All i know is that you dont need an appointment, its walk-in and only open on even Tuesdays of the month.

Please do reply if you have anything to add to this.

yuyustar88

May 28, 2015
Got my Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and went to the border last night!

Ottawa received the copy of my passport on Jan 28th and CoPR was sent back Feb 3rd.

Since my last work permit was expired and I was living and working in Canada as "implied status" I opted out to do my landing at the border. I could not wait to get an appointment at immigration office close to me.
Below is my landing experience. Hope it is useful.

Drove to the border around 10:30PM. Went straight to the US customs and told the US immigration officer that I was here because I have Confirmation of Permanent Residence from CIC. They said to come in while they issue me a "Refusal document". This took about 5 min. Then they told me to turn back and go back to Canadian customs.
Canadian customs asked why I was here. I told the officer that I was here because I have CoPR. She asked me why I did not go to the nearest immigration office. I told her that my permit has expired and could not wait to get an appointment. She told me to park and head into the customs building.
Inside the customs, I was greeted by another immigration officer. He asked me if I was bringing anything in and if I owned any weapons. I told him no which he asked me to write the answers on CoPR and initial. Then he told me to wait while he process paper documents. This took about 10 min. He then asked me to sign CoPr one for customs and another one was stapled in my passport.
The officer explained to me that it would take about 8 weeks for PR card to arrive and congratulated me on becoming a permanent resident.
The whole landing experience was easy and straight forward!

2years and 3 weeks and constant worrying... finally I made it:)
Thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing your experiences. Good luck to all of you.
If you have any questions feel free to ask

avrilko

Dec 28, 2014
Halifax, NS
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2015
Doc's Request.
17-08-2015 (RPRF), 07-10-2015 (IMM5669E)
Nomination.....
22-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-04-2015 (XEP) 23-06-2015 (EP)
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
28-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016 COPR only
LANDED..........
13-01-2015; 13-02-2016 as PR; PR card received 12-04-2016
:D I finally received my COPR, tried to schedule an appointment at a CIC office here in Halifax. It takes 6 weeks to schedule an appointment!

I also received an email from the agent regarding URGENT PROCESSING OF PR CARD:

Urgent - Permanent resident card - New permanent residents

There is no urgent processing for new permanent residents. You will receive your Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) by mail after you give your Canadian address to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

You may refer to the processing times on our website to see how long it may take. Please note that you must add ten (10) business days to the delay indicated.

If you must leave the country before getting your PR card, you have to apply for a Travel document (permanent resident abroad) at a Canadian Visa Office located outside Canada before returning to the country. The travel document is normally valid for one entry.

Please note that a PR card or travel document is required for all permanent residents returning to Canada on a commercial vehicle (plane, train, boat or bus)."

Unfortunately, I have 2 trips planned. A trip to the USA for 10 days in April and another trip to Europe in June.
However it's not really clear how to apply for PR travel document from within the USA.

CIC website says the following:
"General public

You can submit your application to the recommended visa application centre (VAC) and:

receive service in the language;
take advantage of their extended hours of service;
track your application online; and
have the assurance that your application is complete and is sent to the correct visa office.
If you need to submit your application in person, you can go to the closest VAC.

:eek: The following visa offices accept applications directly from diplomatic and official passport holders:

Visa office in Washington D.C
Visa office in New York
Visa office in Los Angeles

HAS ANYBODY TRIED to apply for PR TD from within USA?

fistillarte

Nov 17, 2014
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015 (Received by CIC)
Doc's Request.
17-08-2015 (RPRF & PCC)
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015 (XEP) 15-05-2015 (EP)
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015 (me) & 01-06-2015 (wife)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016
avrilko said:
:D I finally received my COPR, tried to schedule an appointment at a CIC office here in Halifax. It takes 6 weeks to schedule an appointment!

I also received an email from the agent regarding URGENT PROCESSING OF PR CARD:

Urgent - Permanent resident card - New permanent residents

There is no urgent processing for new permanent residents. You will receive your Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) by mail after you give your Canadian address to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

You may refer to the processing times on our website to see how long it may take. Please note that you must add ten (10) business days to the delay indicated.

If you must leave the country before getting your PR card, you have to apply for a Travel document (permanent resident abroad) at a Canadian Visa Office located outside Canada before returning to the country. The travel document is normally valid for one entry.

Please note that a PR card or travel document is required for all permanent residents returning to Canada on a commercial vehicle (plane, train, boat or bus)."

Unfortunately, I have 2 trips planned. A trip to the USA for 10 days in April and another trip to Europe in June.
However it's not really clear how to apply for PR travel document from within the USA.

CIC website says the following:
"General public

You can submit your application to the recommended visa application centre (VAC) and:

receive service in the language;
take advantage of their extended hours of service;
track your application online; and
have the assurance that your application is complete and is sent to the correct visa office.
If you need to submit your application in person, you can go to the closest VAC.

:eek: The following visa offices accept applications directly from diplomatic and official passport holders:

Visa office in Washington D.C
Visa office in New York
Visa office in Los Angeles

HAS ANYBODY TRIED to apply for PR TD from within USA?
Ok, you have an easy way out for this.

Do the landing this weekend at a border. You'll get your PR in time for your Europe trip.

As for the USA trip, you don't need the visa for trips between canada and the US. Your current work permit will be good enough to re-enter. So you can just travel with your CoPR and current work permit.

bhanu_kaushal

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
My Passport was Delivered to CIC FINALLY, Yesterday (4th Feb 2016).
Now just gonna have to wait for the return tracker to get activated.
Can you guys tell me, what's the average time they take to completed this process and send it back (Whoever have received their COPR)

Thanks