+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP (Ontario) - Is 3 year Advance Diploma is Equivalent to Canadian Bachelor's ?

rahul08

Oct 9, 2018
On August 9th 2018, i got NOI for PNP Ontario. Submitted my docs on time and everything.
Received an e-mail today i.e. Oct 9th 2018 that my profile is incomplete and will be closed due to the following reason :

- You did not provide a copy of a degree that is equivalent to Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD. All applicants must have a Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree or its equivalent.

That being said, I have a 3 years Advance Diploma in Software Engineering with more then 1 year experience in my field of study in Canada

My question: Is there a legit government link where it clearly says that Diplomas are not considered as Canadian Bachelor's or it's equivalent ?

Thank you and I really appreciate everyone's help

Last edited:

Pure Soul

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sgvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
09-08-2018
Nomination.....
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
On August 9th 2018, i got NOI for PNP Ontario. Submitted my docs on time and everything.
Received an e-mail today i.e. Oct 9th 2018 that my profile is incomplete and will be closed due to the following reason :

- You did not provide a copy of a degree that is equivalent to Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD. All applicants must have a Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree or its equivalent.

That being said, I have a 3 years Advance Diploma in Software Engineering with more then 1 year experience in my field of study.

My question: Is there a legit government link where it clearly says that Diplomas are not considered as Canadian Bachelor's or it's equivalent ?

Thank you and I really appreciate everyone's help
You did not do ECA ? Then how come you created EE profile without ECA? Or did you intentionally clicked ECA was done in profile and submit??
False information will ban you for 5 years.

rahul08

Oct 9, 2018
You did not do ECA ? Then how come you created EE profile without ECA? Or did you intentionally clicked ECA was done in profile and submit??
False information will ban you for 5 years.

I don't need ECA, i did my education in Canada. [Updated]

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Advanced Diploma is not considered as Bachelors. It will be clearly mentioned in your certificate whether the credential you earned is Bachelors or Diploma. If it is mentioned as Diploma then it will be considered as Diploma.

sd22

Oct 25, 2023
Advanced diploma in Canada (3 years ) and Canadian Bachelors have the same FHEQ level 6. So shouldn't Advanced diploma be considered equivalent to canadian Bachelors?