+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP ONTARIO DENIED APPLICATION (URGENT, PLEASE HELP)

Big Boy

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
HELLO
I'm in a very tough situation. PLEASE HELP. Your suggestions are welcomed.
My employer applied for PNP and he got approved. Next step was mine application. I sent in my application in July 2013, and after 6 months I heard back from them that "your duties are alined with another title which falls under NOC C, and is not eligible under the program. Therefore, we denying your application" whereas my title falls under B category.
Here is the twist, when my employer applied, he used the exact same duties and title as what I had on my application. At that time there was no problem with duties. How could they possibly not seen at that time..oh these duties fall under NOC C job title. They totally ripped me off, $1,500 plus 6 months of my time and now I'm lost because I don't know what door to knock on as my PGWP is expiring in 9 months. By the time, my experience going to reach a year my work permit will have only three months until expiry.
Here are my questions to all of you:
Do you think I could still apply for CEC/FSW even after getting a denial from PNP? Do you think the denial would interfere/effect my application?

All the experts or seniors out there, please advise what should I do?
THANK YOU ALL, IN ADVANCE

acemsyed

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
2112 / 1236
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Firstly, I'm really sorry to hear about the outcome of your applications.
To answer your question, no refusal of your PNP application will not affect your CEC application in anyway as long as the duties and job title for CEC application falls under job category A, B or skill level "0". Unless approved, PNP records are not forwarded to CIC. Hope everything works out fine for you this time.

Cheers !

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Also, keep in mind that as of November 2013, certain changes were made to the CEC program. See this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2013/2013-11-08.asp

The following 6 occupations are no longer eligible for the CEC program, starting Nov 9, 2013:
•cooks (NOC code 6322);
•food service supervisors (NOC 6311);
•administrative officers (NOC 1221);
•administrative assistants (NOC 1241);
•accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311); and
•retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211).

So check your duties, find the appropriate NOC code. If it matches any of the 6, you will not be able to apply under the CEC program.