+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP (non-EE) application and Police clearance certificate

Arahman25

Nov 29, 2020
Hi,
I have received OINP nomination under master's graduate program. The nomination certificate says "You must apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) using a paper application form.". Can I not apply through the Permanent residence online application portal?

I came to Canada in January 2021 and haven't been to my country of citizenship since then. Do I need a new police clearance or I can use the one I used for the study permit application? Should it not be still valid?
I went to the USA a couple of times for 2/3 days every time. Do I need a police clearance from the USA?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
1)You should use the online portal for the PNP application. Many of the provinces have not updated the wording on the nomination certificates. You can review IRCCs Fall 2022 announcement that all PNP application will be processed online.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process/paper.html

2) Yes you will need a new PCC. Even though you used one in 2021, it is now expired and for the purposes of PR application you will need a 2023 version.

3) No you do no need a PCC from the US. The instruction says that one is required if you have lived in a foreign location for 6 months or more.