19-01-2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
prasamp said:
haha i saw three from india... were you the one talking about entering back canada in the elevator while returning back?? dont tell me :)
Haha!... I was the guy he was talking to... :)

jonmonc

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Moncton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-11-2011
Nomination.....
17-01-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
yanesrahn said:
No, I think you were the guys with a big smile ;) ;).... Congratulations!!!!
Thanks Yanesrahn! Hope you get yours very soon.

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Apr-2013 (In Process from 15th Oct 2013)
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
15th May 2013 (Sponsor Approval)
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
jonmonc said:
Haha!... I was the guy he was talking to... :)
case thinking!!! i got you

jonmonc

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Moncton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-11-2011
Nomination.....
17-01-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
I went to Detroit this week for my Visa stamping and just wanted to share few tips for those who have their PPR letters waiting.

1. The office opens at 8:30 am and is open on Tuesdays and Thursday only. Check the Detroit Visa office website before you go. They tend to change this very often. Usually a good idea to go in a little early. The Renaissance Center is a big building and I took a while to find the 600 building. I had a rented car and parked it away from the building. There are lots of parkades close to the building. So do research that in case you are going in with a car.
2. Do not forget to bring a printed copy of the PPR email with you. You will not pass the security officer near the elevator without this letter. Show the copy at the reception, sign in, get a visitors pass and proceed to the elevator… 11th floor.
3. The officer was very friendly and after receiving the documents will give you a slip with the time when you can collect your documents/passport. The return time right now is 11:30. When I went in I thought it was 2:00 from someone who previously went in. So this time could change. Thought this will help you plan your day better . You will need to show this slip at the reception to be let in at 11:30
4. I landed at Windsor right after. You could land anywhere you like. Doesn’t necessarily have to be at the province border that you were nominated for etc. Once you get your new visa stamped all the other visas (temporary worker/tourist etc) is voided out. Any study permits or work permits are also taken off. So the next time you re-enter is going to be based on this visa. Also it is a single entry visa.
5. While entering the border by car, follow the usual process… Drive in to the booth. Produce your passport on request and let the officer know you are doing your landing. He/She will ask you questions and will give you a slip and ask you to drive in to the parking lot and walk into the main building.
6. You will get two copies of the COPR letter at the consulate (one with the passport photo and one without). You will have to show this at the border. The one without the photo will be pinned onto your passport. The officer will ask you for the address in Canada and the PR card will automatically be send in 4-6 weeks to this address. In my case I have been living at that address for 2 years now. I did not bring any supporting documents (proof of employment, lease, salary slips) with me as this trip was very last minute. It wasn’t asked by the officer. May be a good idea to carry it with you.
7. One of the questions I asked the officer was whether I could travel in and out of Canada before I get my PR card. Well the holidays are close by and I want to visit my family. She said the COPR letter pinned on the passport would be sufficient. She also mentioned that I should inform the flight companies in advance as most of them aren’t aware of it and might create problems. But any immigration officer will understand what the COPR letter is.

Hope this helps! Thanks for everything. This forum has been a great support helping me through some tough times.
JonMonc

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
jonmonc said:
I went to Detroit this week for my Visa stamping and just wanted to share few tips for those who have their PPR letters waiting.

1. The office opens at 8:30 am and is open on Tuesdays and Thursday only. Check the Detroit Visa office website before you go. They tend to change this very often. Usually a good idea to go in a little early. The Renaissance Center is a big building and I took a while to find the 600 building. I had a rented car and parked it away from the building. There are lots of parkades close to the building. So do research that in case you are going in with a car.
2. Do not forget to bring a printed copy of the PPR email with you. You will not pass the security officer near the elevator without this letter. Show the copy at the reception, sign in, get a visitors pass and proceed to the elevator... 11th floor.
3. The officer was very friendly and after receiving the documents will give you a slip with the time when you can collect your documents/passport. The return time right now is 11:30. When I went in I thought it was 2:00 from someone who previously went in. So this time could change. Thought this will help you plan your day better . You will need to show this slip at the reception to be let in at 11:30
4. I landed at Windsor right after. You could land anywhere you like. Doesn't necessarily have to be at the province border that you were nominated for etc. Once you get your new visa stamped all the other visas (temporary worker/tourist etc) is voided out. Any study permits or work permits are also taken off. So the next time you re-enter is going to be based on this visa. Also it is a single entry visa.
5. While entering the border by car, follow the usual process... Drive in to the booth. Produce your passport on request and let the officer know you are doing your landing. He/She will ask you questions and will give you a slip and ask you to drive in to the parking lot and walk into the main building.
6. You will get two copies of the COPR letter at the consulate (one with the passport photo and one without). You will have to show this at the border. The one without the photo will be pinned onto your passport. The officer will ask you for the address in Canada and the PR card will automatically be send in 4-6 weeks to this address. In my case I have been living at that address for 2 years now. I did not bring any supporting documents (proof of employment, lease, salary slips) with me as this trip was very last minute. It wasn't asked by the officer. May be a good idea to carry it with you.
7. One of the questions I asked the officer was whether I could travel in and out of Canada before I get my PR card. Well the holidays are close by and I want to visit my family. She said the COPR letter pinned on the passport would be sufficient. She also mentioned that I should inform the flight companies in advance as most of them aren't aware of it and might create problems. But any immigration officer will understand what the COPR letter is.

Hope this helps! Thanks for everything. This forum has been a great support helping me through some tough times.
JonMonc

tHanks for this.

But I have a question tho, anywhere in their letter or on anything, Does it say you need to have a proof of employment or funds??

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Apr-2013 (In Process from 15th Oct 2013)
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
15th May 2013 (Sponsor Approval)
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
jonmonc said:

2. Do not forget to bring a printed copy of the PPR email with you. You will not pass the security officer near the elevator without this letter. Show the copy at the reception, sign in, get a visitors pass and proceed to the elevator... 11th floor.
4. I landed at Windsor right after. You could land anywhere you like. Doesn't necessarily have to be at the province border that you were nominated for etc. Once you get your new visa stamped all the other visas (temporary worker/tourist etc) is voided out. Any study permits or work permits are also taken off. So the next time you re-enter is going to be based on this visa. Also it is a single entry visa.
5. While entering the border by car, follow the usual process... Drive in to the booth. Produce your passport on request and let the officer know you are doing your landing. He/She will ask you questions and will give you a slip and ask you to drive in to the parking lot and walk into the main building.
6. You will get two copies of the COPR letter at the consulate (one with the passport photo and one without). You will have to show this at the border. The one without the photo will be pinned onto your passport. The officer will ask you for the address in Canada and the PR card will automatically be send in 4-6 weeks to this address. In my case I have been living at that address for 2 years now. I did not bring any supporting documents (proof of employment, lease, salary slips) with me as this trip was very last minute. It wasn't asked by the officer. May be a good idea to carry it with you.
7. One of the questions I asked the officer was whether I could travel in and out of Canada before I get my PR card. Well the holidays are close by and I want to visit my family. She said the COPR letter pinned on the passport would be sufficient. She also mentioned that I should inform the flight companies in advance as most of them aren't aware of it and might create problems. But any immigration officer will understand what the COPR letter is.

JonMonc
jonmonc - good job.. but small correction in the point 7

copr is not a valid travel document outside north america. if you are giong to india you need to get a single entry immigrant visa same as what we got in Detroit by paying 50$ to NDVO. give them a copy of copr, notice of assessment, proof of employment,leas copy they will give the visa again and then you can enter again without any issues. please dont travel without that outside north america. i might be wrong..but this procedure is available in ndvo site.

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
prasamp said:

copr is not a valid travel document outside north america. if you are giong to india you need to get a single entry immigrant visa same as what we got in Detroit by paying 50$ to NDVO. give them a copy of copr, notice of assessment, proof of employment,leas copy they will give the visa again and then you can enter again without any issues. please dont travel without that outside north america. i might be wrong..but this procedure is available in ndvo site.

OMG! Still you need to prove that you have job! Come on :) you are a PR afterall and because that you dont have your PR card handly they still question your funds...

Craziness.!

jonmonc

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Moncton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-11-2011
Nomination.....
17-01-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
Holygun said:
tHanks for this.

But I have a question tho, anywhere in their letter or on anything, Does it say you need to have a proof of employment or funds??
You do get an additional two pages about instructions on landing and processes to follow when you are in Canada.
Proof of Employment: No, you dont need it. Infact the instruction sheet advices you on how to find a job in Canada.
Proof of Funds: Yes, it does say that the officer must be convinced that you have sufficient funds coming in. In my case as I was already living in Canada (and the officer already knew it) she didnt ask perhaps.

Remember the officer still has the right to deny you entry but they seldom use it. So go prepared!

JonMonc

jonmonc

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Moncton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-11-2011
Nomination.....
17-01-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
prasamp said:

Might be... I did mention to the officer that I am traveling to the US and then she told me it is not a problem. Any other country... you might want to double check. But doing the whole process again sounds crazy to me...whne they have a record on your already.

Khush Sidhu

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Doc's Request.
05-04-2011
Nomination.....
LOA Received on 14-01-2012
AOR Received.
AOR (CIC) - 30-04-2012, AOR (VO) - 18-05-2012
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
02-04-2012
Med's Request
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
05-09-2012, Ecas started showing "IN PROCESS" on 16-08-2012 and line added "Meds Received" by VO on 12-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
In 2013
Hi everyone, I have got PPR on 20 November.
Holygun,could you please update tracksheet.

Thanks

alhassan

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
family class
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
Doc's Request.
march 2012
Nomination.....
oct 2011
AOR Received.
feb 2012
IELTS Request
march 2012
Med's Request
20 nov 2012
Med's Done....
07 Dec 2012
Passport Req..
PPR1. 25 feb 2013,,PPR2.14 March 2013 Decision made. 17 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
28 march 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013 ALhamduLLiulah
ALHAMUDULLILAH,,,,,received medicals and RPRF through normal post along with few other docs

jenik

Sep 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
30-04-2012
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
11-05-2013
My ECAS changed to In Process today - We started processing your application on November 20, 2012.

Category: QSW
Visa Office: CPP - Ottawa
App. Filed: Feb 23/2012
AOR&Med Request: Apr 25/2012
Med's Done: Apr 30/2012
In process:Nov 20/2012

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
jenik said:
My ECAS changed to In Process today - We started processing your application on November 20, 2012.

Category: QSW
Visa Office: CPP - Ottawa
App. Filed: Feb 23/2012
AOR&Med Request: Apr 25/2012
Med's Done: Apr 30/2012
In process:Nov 20/2012
Did you get any communication from CPP-O prior to the recent status update?

jenik

Sep 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
30-04-2012
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
11-05-2013
Edmontonbound said:
Did you get any communication from CPP-O prior to the recent status update?
No, I did not except AOR and Med request. I sent them e-mails twice one with copies of renewed passports and another one with copies of renewed work permits.