+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP application, AOR stage, got laid off

rahulbhatija11934

Jul 17, 2021
Hi all -

i got laid off recently and i had the BCPNP employer-restricted and closed work permit and had applied for PR.

My AOR date was in jan

I haven't informed PNP or IRCC yet. I had a few questions.

1. what is the time that i get from BCPNP to find a new job for the provincial nominee
  2. do i need to apply for a new work permit right away to keep my PNP and PR application? (my work permit expires in october)
  3. will my PR application get affected if my BCPNP employer changes?
any advice will be helpful

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi all -

i got laid off recently and i had the BCPNP employer-restricted and closed work permit and had applied for PR.

My AOR date was in jan

I haven't informed PNP or IRCC yet. I had a few questions.

1. what is the time that i get from BCPNP to find a new job for the provincial nominee
  2. do i need to apply for a new work permit right away to keep my PNP and PR application? (my work permit expires in october)
  3. will my PR application get affected if my BCPNP employer changes?
any advice will be helpful
Once you inform Bc PNP they usually give you 3 months to find a new job and they usually ask for new documents from new employer like Job letter and paystubs but not always. Your work permits is still valid till October but you can’t work for any employer. Make sure you apply for open work permit with help of AOR you got . Also see if you have nomination restrictions on your certificate. Your application will not be rejected but make sure you find new job and inform BC PNP right away.

Reactions: rahulbhatija11934

rahulbhatija11934

Jul 17, 2021
Once you inform Bc PNP they usually give you 3 months to find a new job and they usually ask for new documents from new employer like Job letter and paystubs but not always. Your work permits is still valid till October but you can’t work for any employer. Make sure you apply for open work permit with help of AOR you got . Also see if you have nomination restrictions on your certificate. Your application will not be rejected but make sure you find new job and inform BC PNP right away.

Thank you for the answer.

In my nomination it says: RESTRICTIONS ON EMPLOYMENT: No

So can i apply for the open work permit?

Last edited:

rahulbhatija11934

Jul 17, 2021
had another question on this.

say i find a new employer in next few weeks. And as BOWP takes few months to process, is it better to apply for new closed work permit and start working on conditional approval? Instead of BOWP.

OR can i request for authorization of work for BOWP as it is processing?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
my pnp saying employment restricted
i have the option to apply for T3 work permit

once i apply for PR , then do I need to stay in same job or can i apply for open work permit ?
Unfortunately you can’t apply for open or BOWP work permit. You have to stick with your current employer.

Reactions: Boltj194

Boltj194

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Unfortunately you can’t apply for open or BOWP work permit. You have to stick with your current employer.

here is my other question

i married previously 2016 and had really bad relationship and she was cheating me . so i asked her to get drivorce on 2017 . she sent to me email in 2017 june saying divorce complated and dont contact me anymore .

i got married another woman from home country in 2018 and we have baby also

whenever i filled application they asking previous marriage and i mentioned starting and ending date 2016 and 2017 respectively

i also applied for current wife and baby visas and they also here in canada with me .

i contacted to usa state to get my divorce certificate and they said no decree found . so i asked one lawyer and he submitted another application and completed divorce

i got provisional nomination and planned to apply for my work permit and PR

but what I will mention start and end date of previous relationship ?

how i can write letter saying that was wrong info and recieved from ex wife

so if i file tmrw work permit and i have file another same kind of form and it has same questions like previous spouse start and end. they not asking divorce date . just asking start and end date of previous marriage

do i need to mention previous spouse 2016 to 2017 or 2016 to 2023 as per new divorce decree
or same like before 2016 to 2017 as per previous info from ex wife ?

i never seen her from 2017 or does it act like seperated

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
here is my other question

i married previously 2016 and had really bad relationship and she was cheating me . so i asked her to get drivorce on 2017 . she sent to me email in 2017 june saying divorce complated and dont contact me anymore .

i got married another woman from home country in 2018 and we have baby also

whenever i filled application they asking previous marriage and i mentioned starting and ending date 2016 and 2017 respectively

i also applied for current wife and baby visas and they also here in canada with me .

i contacted to usa state to get my divorce certificate and they said no decree found . so i asked one lawyer and he submitted another application and completed divorce

i got provisional nomination and planned to apply for my work permit and PR

but what I will mention start and end date of previous relationship ?

how i can write letter saying that was wrong info and recieved from ex wife

so if i file tmrw work permit and i have file another same kind of form and it has same questions like previous spouse start and end. they not asking divorce date . just asking start and end date of previous marriage

do i need to mention previous spouse 2016 to 2017 or 2016 to 2023 as per new divorce decree
or same like before 2016 to 2017 as per previous info from ex wife ?

i never seen her from 2017 or does it act like seperated
Yes you'll need to mention your ex wife in your application

Sunil_93745

Jan 15, 2024
Hi, I received AOR after filing PR through PNP, non-express entry. AOR has application number and asked me to submit PCC and some fees.

My open work permit expires in Aug 2024. I would like to apply bridging open work permit but for BOWP for PNP class, they are asking "Approved in Principle", so just wondering if AOR can be used as " Approved in Principle"? Or it has to be seperate email mentioning "Approved in Principle".

vivianroy

Jul 18, 2019
Hi, I received AOR after filing PR through PNP, non-express entry. AOR has application number and asked me to submit PCC and some fees.

My open work permit expires in Aug 2024. I would like to apply bridging open work permit but for BOWP for PNP class, they are asking "Approved in Principle", so just wondering if AOR can be used as " Approved in Principle"? Or it has to be seperate email mentioning "Approved in Principle".
So, Approved in Principle is basically Eligibility Decision Letter, aka your First Stage Approval. That is what they are asking for.

Sunil_93745

Jan 15, 2024
So, Approved in Principle is basically Eligibility Decision Letter, aka your First Stage Approval. That is what they are asking for.
Thanks for the info. So Can I not use AOR to apply for Bridging open work permit and have to wait till I reactive "Approved in Principle" ? Some thread say that AOR can be considered as Approved in Principle to apply BOWP? So just confirming?