+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP applicants to cic-Accra

Sambisa Valley

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
anniebakky said:
sambia how come cio sent u medical instead of accra cos dis is d same email I receive Aor bt a different email address has wen I made enquiry if my file was in accra

Its just unfair to misquote me when all I did was to ask questions on things I did not know.

I am yet to see where I categorically stated that I got the mail from AVO or CIC. All I did was to state my case comprehensively so that anyone who offers to help will ask lesser questions.

People like buzzcana bensonams n few FSW who know how it works confirm its MR.

Till now that I am writing this, I don't know which office sent the mail.

wums

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Nomination.....
March 27 2014
AOR Received.
September 16 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
June 22 2015
Med's Done....
June 30 2015
Passport Req..
July 15 2015
Sambisa Valley said:
centralized-intake-office @ cic.gc.ca
CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca
Thanks Sambisa Valley, a friend also received MR today. His a PNP applicant too (June applicant). Now let's renew our hope please.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
Sambisa Valley said:
Its just unfair to misquote me when all I did was to ask questions on things I did not know.

I am yet to see where I categorically stated that I got the mail from AVO or CIC. All I did was to state my case comprehensively so that anyone who offers to help will ask lesser questions.

People like buzzcana bensonams n few FSW who know how it works confirm its MR.

Till now that I am writing this, I don't know which office sent the mail.
Buddies, we are here to learn and assist one another. We will all succeed by the grace of God. Amen.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
wums said:
Thanks Sambisa Valley, a friend also received MR today. His a PNP applicant too (June applicant). Now let's renew our hope please.
Great! I rejoice with every PNP applicants with positive updates. It will all end in praise.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
anniebakky said:
ACCRAIMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca dey also replied thru dis email address
Anniebakky, CIC is the body regulating all Canadian VOs, their decision too can override any Canadian VO. Just know that it will get to everyone soon, whether through accra.immigration @ international.gc.ca OR through CIO email.

anniebakky

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 11 2014
Doc's Request.
June 18 2014
Nomination.....
Sept 2 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 23 2014
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
13 08 2015
Med's Done....
14 08 2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
3 sept 2015 decision made 16 sept 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18 sept 2015
Sambisa no vex abeg we r all rubbing minds no crime in correcting sumtin. Accra Pls wake up from ur slumber d waiting is killing.

Sambisa Valley

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
bensonams said:
We need good news in this thread too! AVO is almost through with MR for FSW 2014 , July applicants. They are now in July 24.
In actual fact i was initially typing and i saw the alert that someone has posted something so i decided to read before i continue to write. It is amazing the manner AVO has covered FSW with multiple MRs.

I got my further updates - IMM5669, IMM5406, RPRF and PCC.

We won't stop hoping and praying

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
Sambisa Valley said:
In actual fact i was initially typing and i saw the alert that someone has posted something so i decided to read before i continue to write. It is amazing the manner AVO has covered FSW with multiple MRs.

I got my further updates - IMM5669, IMM5406, RPRF and PCC.

We won't stop hoping and praying
Great! I thank God for you. Please, have us in ur prayers too for positive updates from AVO.

theoese

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-2-2014(mpnp)&24-12-2014(received by CIC)
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
30-11-2014
AOR Received.
15-4-2015(xep) & 5-5-2015(EP)
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
18/08/2015
Med's Done....
25/08/2015
Interview........
28/11/2014(mpnp)
Passport Req..
15/09/2015
VISA ISSUED...
25/09/2015
LANDED..........
waiting
Congrats once again sambisa valley,na God just do am.
Bensonams,please regarding the fsw,did they stop accepting applications after july? So i will know how to channel my jubilation. ;D the fsw crew have reallyyyyyyy Been blessed with MRs and PPRs.hopefully we will do the same soon

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
theoese said:
Congrats once again sambisa valley,na God just do am.
Bensonams,please regarding the fsw,did they stop accepting applications after july? So i will know how to channel my jubilation. ;D the fsw crew have reallyyyyyyy Been blessed with MRs and PPRs.hopefully we will do the same soon
No. CIC did not stop accepting applications in July. It's just that FSW apps are being processed faster these days instead of PNP. Going by CIC information on their website, PNP processing time is supposed to faster than FSW.

theoese

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-2-2014(mpnp)&24-12-2014(received by CIC)
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
30-11-2014
AOR Received.
15-4-2015(xep) & 5-5-2015(EP)
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
18/08/2015
Med's Done....
25/08/2015
Interview........
28/11/2014(mpnp)
Passport Req..
15/09/2015
VISA ISSUED...
25/09/2015
LANDED..........
waiting
O yes,i just saw their spreadsheet.up until Dec.phewwww.accra abeg o,though we have been receiving goodnews on this thread bit by bit,at least we thank God for that

zeemama

Jul 4, 2012
MY PERSONAL STORY IN CANADA

Hello friends, am about to share my personal story and how it went/been going with me in Canada as I have longed to share my experience so others may learn from it, again most people would scuff at it.

Before I start, if you have a job in Naija that pays you 300,000/month, I beg you with all my strength don't resign and jump to Canada.

I got my PR visa sometime in August 2013, like everyone who got the ugwu leaf I was full of excitement even as I frequently checked this site to read people's comments and advice so as to be better informed. I was working in a multinational company back home, I didn't just want to resign loosing my job and jumping for the unknown world in Canada just because of the "pseudo" believe that it is a land flowing with milk and honey. I then decided to test the waters, in November I took 3weeks working leave and travelled down to Manitoba as I came in through MPNP. I spent 3 weeks in Manitoba and I attended Manitoba start, this I would advice everyone to attend immediately you arrive as you would learn a bit of the Canadian culture from here and it would give you the basics to start your new life. I was privileged of attending a couple of interviews during this period even as I made some friends whom am still close to even till date.

I then returned to Nigeria sometime in December and I still got married that same month of December, before I traveled I spent a whole lot of time on the internet making research as regards job, accommodation, life in Canada, why people fail and succeed e.t.c. I then continued with my job back in Nigeria.

I took some professional courses while in Nigeria as I was into I.T and now knew how it went out here in Canada. So I finally summoned courage and resigned from my working place in July 2014, I left behind a job that was paying me well and decided to "naively" go to a world unknown. I left behind my wife as I would advice families not to come in here at once, you would be so much under pressure when you come in here with your family without a job that you could miss it from the very beginning. It was hard living without my wife but it paid off in the long run, we all make sacrifices in life. Once a partner is settled you can bring your family.

Arrived Canada last week of July and I knew that I have placed my hand on the plow and can't look back anymore. Immediately I swung to action as I have already prepared my resume and cover letters from Nigeria, but this I later found out required further tweaking. I started my job search/applications, got a computer desk and took my job search as a job on its own. I would wake up very early in the morning by 5A.M, do my morning devotion and pray like I usually do, would then start my job application, for each vacancy that I fitted, it may take me between 45mins-1hour to tweak my resume/cover letter, don't rush over this because they are detailed. I would source for jobs from workopolis.com, indeed.ca, LinkedIn and a whole lots more. For the first two weeks it was like I was flogging a dead horse, I then decided to attend Successskill center in September, I would advice professionals to attend Successskill centre on Portage Avenue, if you are in Manitoba, they would guide you on job applications and resume making. This I attended for another three weeks all through August. I could remember some of my friends telling me that am wasting my time, that I should go do casual job, some actually started and were making money, here I was going to Success skill center. It's an NGO and it is free but you have to go in person and fill some documents.

After my session with Successskill, they actually linked me up with a company and I know I made some mistakes that ruined the interview, they also pushed my application again but I later couldn't make it as I got another job. My job application skills and interview skills and confidence actually improved after my session with Successskill centre, I started getting up to 2-5 interviews in a week and even had some time I attended 2 interviews in a day, but still I didn't hear back from these companies, but that didn't stop me from sending a follow up mail as I was thought.

At a point I was really getting frustrated and I think I was regretting why I left my previous job, I even was contemplating returning back to Nigeria, funny as it may sound ....you won't understand what I went through within this period. I then started doing survival job, a friend introduced me to Pinnacle, if you want to do factory work, they would readily give you a job but don't get stuck on this job, you could continue with this forever if care is not taken. It is not bad to work here don't get me wrong, but for a professional in Nigeria you would get depressed doing factory work but it's a good place to get some coins to pay your basic bills, because that is your primary duty once you arrive, the bills just start piling up and your naira looses value within 4weeks. Suffix me to say I arrived Canada with $2000 but that is all history now.

To cut the long story short, in the second week of October, I got 3 jobs within a week, I even had to now send some mails with a rejection letter. I choose a Telecoms job though that wasn't the highest paying amongst the offer but it was something relating to what I was doing. When I got the pay, I then forget I ever even worked in Nigeria. Also, you may have to tweak your LinkedIn profile professionally, I actually applied for this Telecoms job through LinkedIn, was interviewed on Phone and Skype and got an offer after one week. After some months of working, I have gotten other opportunities but I want to take my time to build myself professionally and build my self confidence, because even when you start working, the cultural shock would still affect you for sometime.

This is the moral of my story, if you have a family come alone get settled before bringing your family. When you have loads of bills to pay you would be forced to do survival job and once started, you cant stay a day without working because the bills keep piling, you would then not be able to have time to apply for your real job as you would now be looking for a chance to be doing two jobs in a day. I remember someone who was doing two jobs and mocking me then, with my current job I earn more than that guys two jobs put together, am not mocking him, am just saying that get a right strategy. Again I met people who were doing really well in Nigeria, on getting here they got stuck in factory job, they can't return to Nigeria because they have soled off their property. You would see lots of things in Canada, don't mingle with the pessimist, you would see lots of them here, be focused on what you want, before you arrive research a lot and above all these, it's only God that can establish you in Canada. You must trust in the Lord your God, because circumstances here could easily drift you away from your goal in life. I have been working in this job for 8months, am still yet to settle down and I have a lot to catch up with, I have taken some professional certifications and again I have to lift up my gaze, it's just for you to break in and get a job along your career, once you get a job you can easily move from one job to the other, it's all about about the Benjamin's!!!! I remember I told someone of the nature of my job and he was surprised, I was then informed it takes a new migrant at least a year before he gets back into his profession if ever he will. Again I had a friend who got a job the very month he arrived, I know of someone who got into Banking after 7months of doing casual work, and I still know of someone who's been unable to get close to his career job after 2 years. You need God!!!!!!! Not man, the arm of flesh would fail. I would also enjoin you to network, ensure you join a church as you would find succor in worship, but the people you meet in church have their own problems they are solving, so never go with the mindset that someone will solve your problem. Their was this church I attended in Winnipeg, it's an RCCG along Osborne Rd, you can google, the Pastor's name is Pastor Bolu, he was always calling to encourage me that things would get better, I recommend this church to anyone just in case you need a place to worship. Also plan well, don't come in the winter or anywhere close to it, that would surely double the complications.

Am not writing this to discourage anyone, but I must tell you it's not all you here about Canada, their are beggars on the streets of Canada, many people are frustrated so please don't quit your job in Nigeria because you have your PR. In Nigeria you can spend 20,000 on a weekend clubbing with friends but in Canada, you can't misuse half of that amount, just to give you a clue.

Once again, many people are successful here lots of people break through and live a successful life, so don't be deterred but weigh your options carefully before you leap.

I may not be able to read all response but I could try respond to some emails just in case you try sending me. I know many people will criticize my post, but to whom has ears, let him hear.....This is a true life story, God bless you!!!!

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
Re: MY PERSONAL STORY IN CANADA

zeemama said:
Hello friends, am about to share my personal story and how it went/been going with me in Canada as I have longed to share my experience so others may learn from it, again most people would scuff at it.

Before I start, if you have a job in Naija that pays you 300,000/month, I beg you with all my strength don't resign and jump to Canada.

I got my PR visa sometime in August 2013, like everyone who got the ugwu leaf I was full of excitement even as I frequently checked this site to read people's comments and advice so as to be better informed. I was working in a multinational company back home, I didn't just want to resign loosing my job and jumping for the unknown world in Canada just because of the "pseudo" believe that it is a land flowing with milk and honey. I then decided to test the waters, in November I took 3weeks working leave and travelled down to Manitoba as I came in through MPNP. I spent 3 weeks in Manitoba and I attended Manitoba start, this I would advice everyone to attend immediately you arrive as you would learn a bit of the Canadian culture from here and it would give you the basics to start your new life. I was privileged of attending a couple of interviews during this period even as I made some friends whom am still close to even till date.

I then returned to Nigeria sometime in December and I still got married that same month of December, before I traveled I spent a whole lot of time on the internet making research as regards job, accommodation, life in Canada, why people fail and succeed e.t.c. I then continued with my job back in Nigeria.

I took some professional courses while in Nigeria as I was into I.T and now knew how it went out here in Canada. So I finally summoned courage and resigned from my working place in July 2014, I left behind a job that was paying me well and decided to "naively" go to a world unknown. I left behind my wife as I would advice families not to come in here at once, you would be so much under pressure when you come in here with your family without a job that you could miss it from the very beginning. It was hard living without my wife but it paid off in the long run, we all make sacrifices in life. Once a partner is settled you can bring your family.

Arrived Canada last week of July and I knew that I have placed my hand on the plow and can't look back anymore. Immediately I swung to action as I have already prepared my resume and cover letters from Nigeria, but this I later found out required further tweaking. I started my job search/applications, got a computer desk and took my job search as a job on its own. I would wake up very early in the morning by 5A.M, do my morning devotion and pray like I usually do, would then start my job application, for each vacancy that I fitted, it may take me between 45mins-1hour to tweak my resume/cover letter, don't rush over this because they are detailed. I would source for jobs from workopolis.com, indeed.ca, LinkedIn and a whole lots more. For the first two weeks it was like I was flogging a dead horse, I then decided to attend Successskill center in September, I would advice professionals to attend Successskill centre on Portage Avenue, if you are in Manitoba, they would guide you on job applications and resume making. This I attended for another three weeks all through August. I could remember some of my friends telling me that am wasting my time, that I should go do casual job, some actually started and were making money, here I was going to Success skill center. It's an NGO and it is free but you have to go in person and fill some documents.

After my session with Successskill, they actually linked me up with a company and I know I made some mistakes that ruined the interview, they also pushed my application again but I later couldn't make it as I got another job. My job application skills and interview skills and confidence actually improved after my session with Successskill centre, I started getting up to 2-5 interviews in a week and even had some time I attended 2 interviews in a day, but still I didn't hear back from these companies, but that didn't stop me from sending a follow up mail as I was thought.

At a point I was really getting frustrated and I think I was regretting why I left my previous job, I even was contemplating returning back to Nigeria, funny as it may sound ....you won't understand what I went through within this period. I then started doing survival job, a friend introduced me to Pinnacle, if you want to do factory work, they would readily give you a job but don't get stuck on this job, you could continue with this forever if care is not taken. It is not bad to work here don't get me wrong, but for a professional in Nigeria you would get depressed doing factory work but it's a good place to get some coins to pay your basic bills, because that is your primary duty once you arrive, the bills just start piling up and your naira looses value within 4weeks. Suffix me to say I arrived Canada with $2000 but that is all history now.

To cut the long story short, in the second week of October, I got 3 jobs within a week, I even had to now send some mails with a rejection letter. I choose a Telecoms job though that wasn't the highest paying amongst the offer but it was something relating to what I was doing. When I got the pay, I then forget I ever even worked in Nigeria. Also, you may have to tweak your LinkedIn profile professionally, I actually applied for this Telecoms job through LinkedIn, was interviewed on Phone and Skype and got an offer after one week. After some months of working, I have gotten other opportunities but I want to take my time to build myself professionally and build my self confidence, because even when you start working, the cultural shock would still affect you for sometime.

This is the moral of my story, if you have a family come alone get settled before bringing your family. When you have loads of bills to pay you would be forced to do survival job and once started, you cant stay a day without working because the bills keep piling, you would then not be able to have time to apply for your real job as you would now be looking for a chance to be doing two jobs in a day. I remember someone who was doing two jobs and mocking me then, with my current job I earn more than that guys two jobs put together, am not mocking him, am just saying that get a right strategy. Again I met people who were doing really well in Nigeria, on getting here they got stuck in factory job, they can't return to Nigeria because they have soled off their property. You would see lots of things in Canada, don't mingle with the pessimist, you would see lots of them here, be focused on what you want, before you arrive research a lot and above all these, it's only God that can establish you in Canada. You must trust in the Lord your God, because circumstances here could easily drift you away from your goal in life. I have been working in this job for 8months, am still yet to settle down and I have a lot to catch up with, I have taken some professional certifications and again I have to lift up my gaze, it's just for you to break in and get a job along your career, once you get a job you can easily move from one job to the other, it's all about about the Benjamin's!!!! I remember I told someone of the nature of my job and he was surprised, I was then informed it takes a new migrant at least a year before he gets back into his profession if ever he will. Again I had a friend who got a job the very month he arrived, I know of someone who got into Banking after 7months of doing casual work, and I still know of someone who's been unable to get close to his career job after 2 years. You need God!!!!!!! Not man, the arm of flesh would fail. I would also enjoin you to network, ensure you join a church as you would find succor in worship, but the people you meet in church have their own problems they are solving, so never go with the mindset that someone will solve your problem. Their was this church I attended in Winnipeg, it's an RCCG along Osborne Rd, you can google, the Pastor's name is Pastor Bolu, he was always calling to encourage me that things would get better, I recommend this church to anyone just in case you need a place to worship. Also plan well, don't come in the winter or anywhere close to it, that would surely double the complications.

Am not writing this to discourage anyone, but I must tell you it's not all you here about Canada, their are beggars on the streets of Canada, many people are frustrated so please don't quit your job in Nigeria because you have your PR. In Nigeria you can spend 20,000 on a weekend clubbing with friends but in Canada, you can't misuse half of that amount, just to give you a clue.

Once again, many people are successful here lots of people break through and live a successful life, so don't be deterred but weigh your options carefully before you leap.

I may not be able to read all response but I could try respond to some emails just in case you try sending me. I know many people will criticize my post, but to whom has ears, let him hear.....This is a true life story, God bless you!!!!
Nice one! It is all about God, preparation, planning, focus & be optimistic.