+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM - please help - checklist and Proof of funds

rb.emailme

Mar 18, 2008
Hi,
Can you please help with following:
- We are planning to land (2 + toddler) via rd so in terms of proof of funds do we have to necessarily carry cash ? Would it be sufficient to have like 500-1000 $ in cash and rest in bank statements ?
- Is there a checklist of documents that are needed during the landing.. ?

Thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rb.emailme said:
Hi,
Can you please help with following:
- We are planning to land (2 + toddler) via rd so in terms of proof of funds do we have to necessarily carry cash ? Would it be sufficient to have like 500-1000 $ in cash and rest in bank statements ?
- Is there a checklist of documents that are needed during the landing.. ?

Thanks in advance.
1. Bank statements are fine.
2. You will need the passports, with the COPR, proof of funds, list of goods accompanying and goods to follow, If you intend to import your car, see www.riv.ca and http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/basic_trade/export_docs/motor_vehicle.xml for exporting your car from the US. You don't need it at "landing" but you should have children's immunization records as in most cases you will need them when registering them for school. Depending on the province you are heading to, you should get a letter from your Car Insurance Company as to the number of claim free years, as it will lower your costs for insurance. For example 7 years of claim free driving will save you 45% of basic insurance.

PMM

C

cchabert

PMM:

Can we also proof the funds with a Bank Money Order? If so do you know if the normal money order from the bank can be used to open and account over there? The money order will be on American Dollars.

Thank you! :-D

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cchabert said:
PMM:

Can we also proof the funds with a Bank Money Order? If so do you know if the normal money order from the bank can be used to open and account over there? The money order will be on American Dollars.

Yes, it can be done, but it may take up to 30 days for the Canadian bank to clear it.

PMM

JM09

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear PMM,

I provided a "BANK CIRTIFICATE" from my bank for the document submission stage. (showing my current balance as per Dec09) .

1. Will they ask me again for the proof of fund in a later satage....? will they ask for the statements...?

2. Upon landing can i provide them(suppose after 6 months ) the same "BANK CIRTIFICATE" of Dec 09..? or

3. Do i need to provide them the updated "BANK CIRTIFICATE" ....?

4. On Landing stage for proof of fund, what exactly needed,,a "BANK CIRTIFICATE" or Bank Statements...?

Please Help me. Many thanks in advance...

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchabert said:
PMM:

You probably need a Cashier's Check (also known as Certified Check). My bank in the US (Wells Fargo) did not allow me make a Money Order for more than $1000. If I were to go with money order option, I had to make 20 of those. So, I went with the Cashier's Check option for $20K and paid $8 fees for that.

They let me deposit the cashier's check in Royal Bank of Canada, but as PMM said, the money was not going to be available for a month.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
Better bring traveler's checks for immediate expenses. Bankers check or Personal check both would need 21 days (US Banks, may be more for other countries) to clear. So I don't see a difference in them. If you have an account in Bank of America you can use that debit card without fee at Scotia Bank ATMs.