+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM.. please advice

Ozzie

Star Member
Aug 3, 2006
USA
PMM,
Heres a little intro.. I landed as an immigrant on the 9th of Oct, 2007 at Vancouver International Airport, due to a wrong date of birth on my COPR, the IO did not grant me a landed immigrant status, and gave me a notice of Further Examination and asked me to come on the 15th of Oct by then she said she will get it cleared from the LA consulate where my visa was issued. On the 14th of Oct a day earlier I was contacted by the IO on my cell phone as advised me to come to the airport and complete my landing since she got clearance from the consulate. Same day which was the 14th I went to the airport, my respective IO made me sign the COPR put a stamped on my passport which says "Canadian Immigration OCT 9th" and handed me a copy of Landing paper and told me I should get my PR card within 5 to 6 weeks, also she changed my date of birth on the COPR by pen corrected it and did her initial on it this all happened on the 14th of last month.
On Nov 1st I called the PR card dept, and asked them the status after checking their system they said my information is still not updated by the CBSA Vancouver Immigration, and that they will send an urgent message and I should call back to check.
As of 14th of Nov my status is yet to be updated ?????????? To get my card in 5 to 6 weeks don't you think the PR card dept should've at least had my information updated as to when I landed and stuff ?????

What should I do????
Just wait not knowing for how long ????
Or call the airport and fax them a copy of my COPR that is a proof of my landing with a stamped passport ????????
Am I landed immigrant or there is still a process I'm not aware of ?????

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ozzie said:
PMM,
Heres a little intro.. I landed as an immigrant on the 9th of Oct, 2007 at Vancouver International Airport, due to a wrong date of birth on my COPR, the IO did not grant me a landed immigrant status, and gave me a notice of Further Examination and asked me to come on the 15th of Oct by then she said she will get it cleared from the LA consulate where my visa was issued. On the 14th of Oct a day earlier I was contacted by the IO on my cell phone as advised me to come to the airport and complete my landing since she got clearance from the consulate. Same day which was the 14th I went to the airport, my respective IO made me sign the COPR put a stamped on my passport which says "Canadian Immigration OCT 9th" and handed me a copy of Landing paper and told me I should get my PR card within 5 to 6 weeks, also she changed my date of birth on the COPR by pen corrected it and did her initial on it this all happened on the 14th of last month.
On Nov 1st I called the PR card dept, and asked them the status after checking their system they said my information is still not updated by the CBSA Vancouver Immigration, and that they will send an urgent message and I should call back to check.
As of 14th of Nov my status is yet to be updated ?????????? To get my card in 5 to 6 weeks don't you think the PR card dept should've at least had my information updated as to when I landed and stuff ?????

What should I do????
Just wait not knowing for how long ????
Or call the airport and fax them a copy of my COPR that is a proof of my landing with a stamped passport ????????
Am I landed immigrant or there is still a process I'm not aware of ?????

Thanks.
The Permanent Resident Card is processed in Sydney Nova Scotia. New PR Cards take 30 days minimum, so your COPR was not corrected until 14/10/07 so it just 30 days. So give it 2 weeks then contact the call centre 1 888 242‑2100

PMM