+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pmm/Leon/rupeshhari......Need your suggestions

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Hi Gurus....I just received my IELTS score and glad that I am eligible to apply for Canada PR under 0213.

But only problem that I see in future is while sending full application. I gone through the Visa office form to make sure if I can gather all the required documents and see at one of places that I need to send Employer reference letter. This is where the problem is and I am sure that many of the applicants on this forum would have faced this problem.

I need to know the chances of getting PR approved if I do not send Employer reference letters and rather just send the letter to CIC explaining why I could not gather Employer reference letter. When I think about it....I see very slim chances of getting PR approved because whole idea of PR/Immigration is based on role that you are applying for (0213) and if one can not produce the proof of it (by employer reference letter) then I guess application is likely to get rejected.

Could you guys please help me and guide on what I should be doing assuming no employer reference letter? Should I apply for FSW or not?

Thanks.

P

pv

Hello TarunVerma - though you have asked suggesion from only Pmm/Leon/rupeshhari, but I just like to share my exp on this -

I was also in the same situation that how i will get ref from current and previous employer.. but I contacted them in a hope that if they might agree and so the case.

I got in touch with my previous employers and told them that I am applying for Canada Immigration and as part of the documents required to submit the reference letter from all employers along with performed duties, and they issued me in just two days.

For current employer I just wrote to my HR team and marked my immediate boss in 'cc' and asked them for the reference for the puropse of Canada Visa ( i did not mentione about type of visa / PR , just told them that I need to submit this letter to CIC VIsa office). Since HR team is not aware of my day to day duties, I requested my boss to approve my duties and after 3 days I got letter from my current employer as well...

Also if possible try to get the reference letters at least from the employer where you have /had performed duties mentioned under '0213'

Atleast give a try and if still you don't get the refe letters then a detailed explanation of letter to IO/VO would be only option.

Good luck

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Thanks a lot PV...I am glad that you received the letter from your employer where you executed the NOC specific duties. But in my case, I am executing those duties with my current employer and I already checked with my boss to have a letter from company that states my duties. He informed me that it is against company policy.

So I am not sure what to do here.

I have Offer and Releasing letters from previous two employers. Releasing letter already mentions the tenure of work and duties that I executed so I am not worried about previous reference letters since I can use offer and releasing letters for that (I think that it will work).

So it is just current employer reference letter where I am executing 0213 responsibilities.

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
Hi Tarun,

I am not sure why the reference letter is against company policy. I guess some employers may worry that u will leave them but its your right as an employee to havethat letter.

In my case i could get such letter although i was worried if they will issue it or not.
Try to talk to your manager, try to explain him that you are applying for some immigration and it will take longer to process , who knows he might agree as there is no immediate chances of you leaving the company.

I dont know if it will help but just wanted to share this info.

Thanks.

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Thanks reachmenow. I already contacted our HR (after manager denied to approve any such letter) and she said that unless it is a client, we do not share individual's responsibilities with anyone.....some crap thing...

My point is.....I shall make every effort to get the letter though chances are extremely slim.....But what if I could not get that......Is there anyone you know that has received PR without employer letter but on Applicant's letter describing situation to CIC?

If there is no one that has received PR like this..then better I shall not apply and avoid wasting my energy and money..

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i have no idea on this but hopefully someone can let you know.
Perhaps your letter without duties will have your title.
You could get job advertisements from your company that shows duties for such title.
You could show your salary is in par with someone of that position.
These are suggestions and i have no idea if they would even come close to working.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
ditto case for me, TarunVerma... you and I are in the exact same boat. I will not be surprised if we are in the same company ;) PM me you company name and we can discuss at length.

so, my application is weak this account... my previous employer too denied giving any reference letter except for relieving and experience certificates...

in order to not regret tomorrow for not giving it a shot, I've made a case and sent it to CHC ND last week.

I might get my answer by the time you get a request to submit documents from Sydney,NS. So, I can guide you to make your file based on my experience.

I know of 'MOONGS' who has a similar case and got an approval from CHC ND. he's from my company... I had already courired my deck when I found him, but my deck was more or less in the lines of what he suggested. so, i'm hoping for a positive response. let's see...

pls PM me if want any specific information

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
can you ask your HR that your applying for a personal loan from a bank, and it to issue an experience letter issued to the bank. banks need this for loan purposes, no exceptions.

Get a copy of your Job Description from your employer, you will have a signed copy.

Send all this, and mention that your employer was not issuing an experience letter for immigration purpose, so you got one for the bank.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
part 1 is ok...

what about part 2? why does the bank need a job description...

it's not as easy as it sounds in big and large MNCs being run by strong HR policies.

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
Man JD's you can get from HR, they have to give it to you just make an excuse that you need to review your Job description, that your planning to go for an advanced diploma and they need work experience to get admission, so you need to refer to your JD to send them a cover letter for admission.