+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM a quick question for you regarding proof of funds

Ozzie

Star Member
Aug 3, 2006
USA
I'm will be landing in Vancouver around a weeks time. I have a Cashier Check of $ 15,000 under my name made by my cousin since he owed me some money, plus some cash that Ill be carrying. Will that be ok with canadian IO at the airport since I have a cashier check made by someone else and not by my bank account.

Waiting for your reply.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ozzie said:
I'm will be landing in Vancouver around a weeks time. I have a Cashier Check of $ 15,000 under my name made by my cousin since he owed me some money, plus some cash that Ill be carrying. Will that be ok with canadian IO at the airport since I have a cashier check made by someone else and not by my bank account.

Waiting for your reply.
CBSA will be suspicious as they will feel that you have just borrowed the money to show as a settlement funds. Not the way to do it.

PMM

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Is there a way you could keep that cash in your account before landing. Is it not possible to use international banks like barclays bank, or cards with international service of widhdrawal.

ghohoef

Apr 12, 2004
Amstelveen, NL
Ozzie said:

Waiting for your reply.
Why dont you just open an account at a canadian bank and transfer the money to that account. Once done ask them for a bankstatement. Thats what we did. From our home country we opened a bankaccount at HSBC in Canada. We transfered the funds, got the statement and thats what we used as proof. That way you already have a bankaccount and you can always change banks if your not happy.