+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Plz Plz don't ignore. Waiting to submit since 2 days. Warning of organizations membership

Amir2017

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Hi guys,

I am finalizing my e-APR. While I am adding being a member of the syndicate of engineers, this warning appears "Any period of time you indicate as being a member of an organization will not count as part of the 10-year personal/address history you are required to provide"
What should I do in this warning, should I add this membership, knowing that I was not doing anything with the organization, I was just registered as a member like many people who are registered in Canada in professional associations of engineers. Please advise as soon as possible as this is the only thing to submit the application. Much appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: superspecial90

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hi guys,

I am finalizing my e-APR. While I am adding being a member of the syndicate of engineers, this warning appears "Any period of time you indicate as being a member of an organization will not count as part of the 10-year personal/address history you are required to provide"
What should I do in this warning, should I add this membership, knowing that I was not doing anything with the organization, I was just registered as a member like many people who are registered in Canada in professional associations of engineers. Please advise as soon as possible as this is the only thing to submit the application. Much appreciated.

Thanks
Hi!
Do not worry about including the information about your membership in the organization.
This will not matter at all.
Proceed with your application.
Good luck!

Reactions: Amir2017

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
Hi guys,

Thanks
no prob at all...bt i if u add or skip it doesnt matter...

Reactions: Amir2017

Amir2017

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Hi!
Do not worry about including the information about your membership in the organization.
This will not matter at all.
Proceed with your application.
Good luck!
Hi Superspecial,

Thanks a lot for your reply. You made me more comfortable. Even without mentioning this in the explanation letter? I am an engineer, should the office expect that I am a member of the syndicate of engineers? No explanation needed? thanks again

Amir2017

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
no prob at all...bt i if u add or skip it doesnt matter...
Hi moonarch,
Thanks so much for your reply. Don't I need even without mentioning this in the explanation letter? I am an engineer, should the office expect that I am a member of the syndicate of engineers? Thanks again

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I haven't experienced this, but what I could imply from the warning message is that you still need to add where you were employed, and where you lived for the period for which you mention as a member of the organization in question. It is like you cannot just fill this and leave the same time frame without your actual personal details like education/residence/employment. As you had mentioned, you wouldn't have done anything being a member, and CIC message implies the same.

Amir2017

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
I haven't experienced this, but what I could imply from the warning message is that you still need to add where you were employed, and where you lived for the period for which you mention as a member of the organization in question. It is like you cannot just fill this and leave the same time frame without your actual personal details like education/residence/employment. As you had mentioned, you wouldn't have done anything being a member, and CIC message implies the same.
I would say that this is a smart and true implication. Thanks for bringing that. I thought from the warning that this period entirely would not be counted at all even if I included and thought that I have to go back more than 10 years to substitute this period.

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
Hi moonarch,
Thanks so much for your reply. Don't I need even without mentioning this in the explanation letter? I am an engineer, should the office expect that I am a member of the syndicate of engineers? Thanks again
yes you can add it in LOE but its not necessary as welll they know that all engineers are registered with any engineering organisation but u can add in LOE for safe side