plz help

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the question sir im still writing and filling the applications so can you help me about the following in application Sponsored spouse partner questionnaire( IMM5490) there alot of questions about was there a formal ceremony to recognice or celebrate the engagment ? for me and my wife iasked her for engagment and then ibought two rings and isent her one ring for this engagement then when she was here imade smal party for us and myfamily inside our rental apartment so what is the right answer and also they asking in the next question 15 the same question as 14 but it is about the marriage imean was there aformal ceremony to recognize or celebrate the marriage ? me and mywife we got married in the ministry of justice like everyone in foriegns marriage department and later we made small party inisde our apartment with my family and iware tuxedo and mywife ware islamic black dress look like wedding dress but in islamic way we took some pics of that then we went to the photographer to make some pics of us in the studio so what is the answer what do u suggest and im sorry for taking longer on you in question 18 was there a reception ? what mean of the reception is this same as wedding hall ? me and mywife didint nothing more than what ialready told you samll party in our apartment and we didnt plan for doing anything in canada so what do u suggest ?im so sorry for this long but plz ihope u can answer me as soon as you godbless you

margrey

Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2011
Doc's Request.
e-mail 26-05-2011, sent doc 07-06-2011
AOR Received.
15-04-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2011
Med's Done....
15-01-2011
Passport Req..
E-mail 26-05-2011, sent pastport on 07-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 07, 2011, PP to pick it up on July 19, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 16, 2011
I had a similar situation as you describe, my suggestion and the way that I did, is writing exactly the same as you are narrated for us in the forum, IO will understand you, nothing is wrong in the way that we got married, they only want to know and have a picture that our marriage is not MOC (marriage of convenience), I hope that this help, but as I said, my wife wrote the questionarie explaining how we got married, about our small family party, the formal ceremony to celebrate our marriage was the ceremony with the judge that marriage us, and so on.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
madatito2000 said:
Sponsored spouse partner questionnaire( IMM5490) there alot of questions about was there a formal ceremony to recognice or celebrate the engagment ? for me and my wife iasked her for engagment and then ibought two rings and isent her one ring for this engagement then when she was here imade smal party for us and myfamily inside our rental apartment
The right answer is "yes", and then you explain here about buying the rings and giving one to her, and about the small party at your apartment.
and also they asking in the next question 15 the same question as 14 but it is about the marriage imean was there aformal ceremony to recognize or celebrate the marriage ? me and mywife we got married in the ministry of justice like everyone in foriegns marriage department and later we made small party inisde our apartment with my family and iware tuxedo and mywife ware islamic black dress look like wedding dress but in islamic way we took some pics of that then we went to the photographer to make some pics of us in the studio so what is the answer what do u suggest and im sorry for taking longer on you in question 18 was there a reception ? what mean of the reception is this same as wedding hall ?
"Yes" to both. The marriage ceremony at the Ministry of Justice counts as the formal ceremony to recognize the marriage. If you did any other traditional marriage ceremony at the party afterwards, also explain about that. The reception is the party you had afterward at your apartment.