13TH JULY,2011
Med's Done....
26TH JULY,2011
Interview........
4TH JULY,2011
Passport Req..
SUBMITTED TO CDHC ON 27TH JULY,2011
I need advice from the house! Pls. I need tip on how to produce my sputum
I am really bothered and disturbed about the status of my visa. I did medicals on 26th July,2011 and I got letter for further medical exams on 29th August,though it was issued on 25th August.
It was 2 letter and one was sealed and directed to the DMP(designated Medical practitioner) while the other one was directed to me,instruction me to go for further test at the same clinic where I had it earlier and that I should comply within 90days.
The issues are:
The Doctor told me to produce sputum smear that will be observed for 6weeks,if I cannot produce sputum,I should produce the x-ray that was done when i was cured of TB 8years ago. The problem is that I cannot produce sputum smear and I cannot even find the x-ray that I have done 8years ago,I aint even sure of the hospital that treated me did x-ray after treatment,I think I produced sputum smears then.

The complications as the Doctor said:
She said she will have to take my sputum smear and observe it for 6weeks and do another x-ray for me in October,2011. She said if I cannot produce sputum and I cannot produce the old x-ray from comparison with the new one,then I will have to take x-ray in October,2011 and wait till next 6months to do another x-ray.

I passed all the physical exams and I dont have any pain in my chest since i treated TB 8years ago. Even as a matter of fact,I have never coughed since 8years ago. Pls. I need help!
This is really killing me! Embassy gives 90days to comply and Doctor is saying something different. Please come to my rescue.
I NEED TIPS,ADVICE AND HELP FROM EVERYONE. I am really bothered. All my hope is in ALLAH.

RAJA045

Apr 29, 2011
Iam not sure of what sputum smear do the doctor wants from you. Is it new one or the one you did at the hospital that treated you in 8years ago? If is the one you did in 8yrs ago then I think you should try and contact that hospital as quickly as possible and see if they can trace either the sputum smear or a copy of the x-ray. I know you might be thinking that the chances would be very minimal taking into consideration that we are talking about one of the parts of the world where data keeping is sometimes less important but you will never know until you try.

secondly, if you are not fortunate to get hold of the sputum smear or the x-ray from the hospital that treated you in 8yrs ago, then I think you have to go for the 1st option of the doctor -that is , she taking your sputum smear and observe it for 6weeks and do another x-ray for you in October,2011.

NOTE: This would mean that you contact your school to defer your programme to the next intake/session (Jan 2012) and send it to the High commission so that they would not have the chance to refuse on that grounds. Because from the look of things, there is no way you can make it for the September intake. I think your programme starts in September 15th or 25th if I am not wrong, and from your statement even if you are able to produce the sputum she(the doctor) will have to observe it for 6 weeks and that 6 weeks observation alone is more than the number of weeks you have from now to the time your programme is starting.

Hope this my brief observation and opinion will help you in taking a final decision.
Wish you all the best.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

RAJA045 said:
Iam not sure of what sputum smear do the doctor wants from you. Is it new one or the one you did at the hospital that treated you in 8years ago? If is the one you did in 8yrs ago then I think you should try and contact that hospital as quickly as possible and see if they can trace either the sputum smear or a copy of the x-ray. I know you might be thinking that the chances would be very minimal taking into consideration that we are talking about one of the parts of the world where data keeping is sometimes less important but you will never know until you try.

secondly, if you are not fortunate to get hold of the sputum smear or the x-ray from the hospital that treated you in 8yrs ago, then I think you have to go for the 1st option of the doctor -that is , she taking your sputum smear and observe it for 6weeks and do another x-ray for you in October,2011.

NOTE: This would mean that you contact your school to defer your programme to the next intake/session (Jan 2012) and send it to the High commission so that they would not have the chance to refuse on that grounds. Because from the look of things, there is no way you can make it for the September intake. I think your programme starts in September 15th or 25th if I am not wrong, and from your statement even if you are able to produce the sputum she(the doctor) will have to observe it for 6 weeks and that 6 weeks observation alone is more than the number of weeks you have from now to the time your programme is starting.

Hope this my brief observation and opinion will help you in taking a final decision.
Wish you all the best.
1. The DMP wants a new sputum sample to culture for 6-8 weeks to determine if the OP has active TB. Then a new x-ray will be taken.

acca247

Mar 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CDHC,LAGOS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
RECEIVED ON 4TH APRIL,2011
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
Med's Request
13TH JULY,2011
Med's Done....
26TH JULY,2011
Interview........
4TH JULY,2011
Passport Req..
SUBMITTED TO CDHC ON 27TH JULY,2011
@Raja045,
thx a lot for your advice. The Doctor requested for new sputum smears.

@PPM,

thanks a lot. U got my point. do you also have any advice?