+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls Help. TWP refused.

gbdavuluri

Jul 30, 2009
Hi ,

I am working in IT field for a leading software company. I applied for a work permit and I was asked to submit some documents from my company like NOA'a Bank statements , etc...

After all this I got a refusal stating that My employers bank balance is not sufficient to pay my salary.

How can I handle this now? can I re-apply once again??

PLs help..

thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gbdavuluri said:
Hi ,

I am working in IT field for a leading software company. I applied for a work permit and I was asked to submit some documents from my company like NOA'a Bank statements , etc...

After all this I got a refusal stating that My employers bank balance is not sufficient to pay my salary.

How can I handle this now? can I re-apply once again??

PLs help..

thanks in advance.
If you employer can't afford to pay you, it is doubtful that CHC will issue a work permit. But unless the employer's outlook improves, you can apply as many times a you want, but without the improvement in his/her cash flow, it will be refused again.

PMM

chiclets

Jul 30, 2009
My two cents:

You may consider reviewing the documents your employer provided. There is a possibility that your employer hesitated (or did not care) providing all the details and hence your visa got rejected. But unless there is a noticeable change in your case, re-applying (that too, too soon) is sure shot way to get another rejection.

gbdavuluri

Jul 30, 2009
Many thanks .

Hi,

many thanks for your response. I was wondering if you can kindly asnwer one more of my query.

I graduated in Electronics and communication Engineering. And I was working as a software engineer for the past two years.

In my refusal letter from embassy, they also mentioned like I do not fall under the IT special workers category.

But Infact I feel that I do. My curiculam includes so many computer subjects and apart from that I am a certified developer of Java from Sun and Oracle Developer as well.

can you please let me know how can i show further that I fall under this category of workers.

To be more precise I fall under 9990.5 in cic website.

gbdavuluri

Jul 30, 2009
" you do not have demonstrated that you come with in the exceptions under section 186 of the regulations exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in canada comes with in the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. As a result your offer of emplyment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in canada should contact local office if dept of Human resources and skills development to begin this process. "

This was the exact reason mentioned in the refusal letter.

Kindly help how to proceed on this further?

many thanks.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
hi gbdavuluri ,

Have they tried the "longer route"? I am presuming that since you are in the IT field that you applied without a Labor Market Opinion. Why not ask your prospective employer to advertise for the job (a requirement before employer could file LMO for you) and then when no Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident applies or fits their need, they file for a Labor Market Opinion in your name. just a thought.

gbdavuluri

Jul 30, 2009
job_seeker said:
hi gbdavuluri ,

Have they tried the "longer route"? I am presuming that since you are in the IT field that you applied without a Labor Market Opinion. Why not ask your prospective employer to advertise for the job (a requirement before employer could file LMO for you) and then when no Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident applies or fits their need, they file for a Labor Market Opinion in your name. just a thought.
Hi Job_seeker,

thanks for your resp. but what is unclear is tht, Insipite of my qual.. and the categories under which I fall clearly exempts from LMO, do you still suggest for an LMO?

I dont know. This is little vague.

may be I may have to If I dont have any other way out. What do you suggest incase If I am reapplying, without an LMO Can i support myself?

Thanks in advance.