+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLS HELP FOR INVITATION LETTER

carlos.09

Feb 3, 2010
Hello there guys,

I posted this on the VISITOR forum but nobody has responded completely yet. I hope you guys can help me.

Does the letter of invitation for tourist visa need to be notarized? I am a Canadian citizen and the letter is for my wife. We got married civilly last year and she'd like to visit me here for 3 weeks. She is still going back to her home country because we are celebrating our church wedding this year. We have attached all supporting documents like employment certificate, reception contract for the church wedding, the receipt of payment for the church, and etc on her part to prove that she's still going back there.
Would the letter of invitation still need to be notarized?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

thanks very much.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No need to notarise the invitation. You can send a letter of invitation asking her to stay with you some months. You can also mention that (name of your wife ), while arrive in Canada, will be staying with you in your home and you will be responsible for all her living expences including her travel, healthcare etc. Give your contact number and address etc in canada.

Kimore

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
10-Dec-09
Med's Request
09-Feb-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2009
Interview........
09-Feb-2011
what you can do is go on the cic website their is a requirement standard that they have for invitation letters.do it how the site request it. dont remenber exactly where on the site it is but i saw it there.

carlos.09

Feb 3, 2010
Kimore said:
what you can do is go on the cic website their is a requirement standard that they have for invitation letters.do it how the site request it. dont remenber exactly where on the site it is but i saw it there.
ok thank u

UK2TO

Star Member
Sep 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2009
Med's Done....
7-10-2009
Passport Req..
25-02-2010
check the immigration website, the letter is suppose to include more than that and the person preparing the letter is suppose to provide proof there status in canada whether citizen or on PR