+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls help: Crossed a border with expired PR card, but no entry stamp in passport

jungshan

Apr 2, 2016
Hello,

I returned to Canada with family on April.2014 as a returning PR to settle down in canada.

In May,2015, I left Canada to attend father's funeral in my home country and
returned to Canada on Aug.2015 by taxi via buffalo Niagara falls as my PR card was expired long time ago.

Fortunately, Immigration offer let me in without any issue. (I was not reported)
Since then, I am living in Canada without leaving Canada. I have many documents to prove it.

while preparing for documents for PR renewal application after 4 months from now,
I was suprised to find that there is no entry stamp in my passport on that day( when I crossed a border from Buffalo)

my understanding is that Immigration officers sometimes do not stamp on passport on entry to Canada

1) is my understanding correct ?

2) My concern is 'what if the immigration officer did not scan my passport and record my entry on CBSA system.
in this case, there will no official record of my entry, No stamp, no entry data on CBSA travel history.

Two weeks ago, I requested for travel history to CBSA to see if there is data n my entry on CBSA system.
I expect to receive travel histroy in mid-April.

I am thinking of including a travel history in application package if there is a data on my entry.

my question is

1) are there occasions where immigration officers do not scan passport mistakenly or intentionally ?
2) if no data on entry, after looking at my passport and travel history, CIC will not believe that I returen to Canada on that day.
then, what should I do? which proof of residence documents should I include in my application package.

I am very worried that my application may be not apporoved due to no stamp, no data.

Pls help.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
If you are a permanent resident, your passport never gets stamped by Canadian customs, except during your initial landing.

The border officer has to scan all passports when people cross the border. Still, they are humans and therefore make mistakes, but it is very unlikely your passport didn't get scanned.

I just received my travel history from the CBSA and since 2013, I had about 20-30 border crossings. My report is not missing a single one.

jungshan

Apr 2, 2016
Thanks, Spyfy for your comments.
Do you think that I had better include travel history from CBSA in my application package to prove that I crossed the border ?

amr95

Jul 31, 2012
jungshan said:
Hello,

I returned to Canada with family on April.2014 as a returning PR to settle down in canada.

returned to Canada on Aug.2015 by taxi via buffalo Niagara falls as my PR card was expired long time ago.

Fortunately, Immigration offer let me in without any issue. (I was not reported)
Since then, I am living in Canada without leaving Canada. I have many documents to prove it.

while preparing for documents for PR renewal application after 4 months from now,
I was suprised to find that there is no entry stamp in my passport on that day( when I crossed a border from Buffalo)

my understanding is that Immigration officers sometimes do not stamp on passport on entry to Canada

2) My concern is 'what if the immigration officer did not scan my passport and record my entry on CBSA system.
in this case, there will no official record of my entry, No stamp, no entry data on CBSA travel history.

Two weeks ago, I requested for travel history to CBSA to see if there is data n my entry on CBSA system.

I am thinking of including a travel history in application package if there is a data on my entry.

my question is

1) are there occasions where immigration officers do not scan passport mistakenly or intentionally ?
2) if no data on entry, after looking at my passport and travel history, CIC will not believe that I returen to Canada on that day.
then, what should I do? which proof of residence documents should I include in my application package.

I am very worried that my application may be not apporoved due to no stamp, no data.

Pls help.
Hey jungshan!

Would you mind sharing your experience in crossing the border with the taxi ? Which taxi did you use an did they ask you for any documents
on either side of the border?

jungshan

Apr 2, 2016
Amr95

I arrived in Buffalo airport where I took a taxi in the waiting line just outside of airport
Tax company does not matter.

When I crossed canada border, I showed passport and expired PR card to Canada immigration office,saying that I am on my way to home to Toronto after attending father's funeral in my home country
The office just said 'right, you are PR' and let me in without issue.

He did not stamp on my passport

Hope it helps.

AndreSL

Apr 5, 2016
When did your PR card expire? How long have you been absent from Canada? Appreciate your feedback!

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
jungshan said:
Hello,

my question is

Pls help.
From USA when you went to your home country by air there will be stamps in your passport and when you fly back to USA there should be stamps also i think that is enough for CIC.