+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls advice.

sandhuhar

Apr 27, 2010
Dear members ,

Requesting yourselves to kindly advise me on the issue.

I landed in Canada on 17- May -2013 as Landed Immigrant. I have used the Residency calculator and i qualify as of today with 1475 days.
I have 2 kids ( one is canadian Citizen as he is born here ) Other one is on PR status .( 8 yrs)
My wife came as landed Immigrant in July 2013 and as of today she is short of 35 days.

Pls advise do i apply for myself and Kid now and Wife can apply after 35 days.

OR
We both apply together after 35 days.

Regards.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Any particular reason for applying without spouse? If not, apply as a family, saves trip for test/interview etc. Just my two cents :)

sandhuhar

Apr 27, 2010
Thanks for ur reply. Just that i believe under current rule 4/6 process is faster . Otherwise no other reason

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
I am in almost similar situation as you, I applied mine and will apply for my wife and son when they complete their time period the reason was same which you mentioned, i wanted my application to be in Que as early as possible before the 3/5 kicks in. no one knows if this is a good strategy, but right now logically it felt a better option.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Dear members ,

I landed in Canada on 17- May -2013 as Landed Immigrant. I have used the Residency calculator and i qualify as of today with 1475 days.
I have 2 kids ( one is canadian Citizen as he is born here ) Other one is on PR status .( 8 yrs)
My wife came as landed Immigrant in July 2013 and as of today she is short of 35 days.

OR

Regards.

Just apply for yourself and the kid if you want your wife to kill you. LOL!

Last edited:

sandhuhar

Apr 27, 2010
I am in almost similar situation as you, I applied mine and will apply for my wife and son when they complete their time period the reason was same which you mentioned, i wanted my application to be in Que as early as possible before the 3/5 kicks in. no one knows if this is a good strategy, but right now logically it felt a better option.

Does a minor child also need to fulfill the Time requirement.

majorsaab

Sep 19, 2017
I don't think there will be much difference in processing times after C6 as they are gearing up for that in terms of training, recruiting more people, technological changes, etc. I think they are well trained to cope with extra work load, after all processing citizenship applications is not the only work they have. They have tons of other jobs also like processing PR applications, visitor/student visa applications, work visas etc.

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
apply ASAP for whoever qualified. Rest can apply as they become eligible.
I don't suggest to waste time to wait for everyone to be eligible.

Remember there will be a flood of applications once the 3/5 rule kicks in, so u'd wanna get urs in before that......so get started and apply right away.

sandhuhar

Apr 27, 2010
apply ASAP for whoever qualified. Rest can apply as they become eligible.
I don't suggest to waste time to wait for everyone to be eligible.

Remember there will be a flood of applications once the 3/5 rule kicks in, so u'd wanna get urs in before that......so get started and apply right away.
Dear ,

Do i need to take the Citizenship exam before submitting the Documents or it is taken after our documents are accepted .

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear ,

Do i need to take the Citizenship exam before submitting the Documents or it is taken after our documents are accepted .
The test will happen after you send your application and you received your AOR.

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
Dear members ,

OR

Regards.
Neither! I suggest you apply together as a family after 48 days! It is better your spouse has a buffer residency in case of calculation mistakes....
Needless to say, the residency obligation can change in next 5 five weeks....

Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The advice from Hamiltonapplicant is very sound. As exciting as it is to be eligible, make sure you have the eligible days plus a buffer in case there are any days missed. An extra 48 days wait isn't going to make much difference (unless they decide you don't have sufficient days).

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Also remember that if you apply together, the officer gets to see the entire family file. Kids school, etc etc. If any concerns about time spent here (for your wife), trips / visits, job situation or if she was a homemaker (specially, as she will not have Record of employment) etc. etc.

So by applying everyone together you present a complete picture to the officer about you and your family. If any doubts about one of the adult applicants, the other documentation might fill in the gaps.

And again it depends on individual case and what you think is right for your situation. And off course everyone is making an intelligent guess here to the best of their knowledge, no one has absolute knowledge.

As mentioned above buffer is extremely important, at least 10days or so. Don't skip on that.