+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pleez help info about studying in Quebec

Elnakeeb

Apr 1, 2014
Hi Everyone,
My husband and I have PR, we landed I Calgary last year but we intend to go this year to Quebec to study, because we heard that it is the cheapest place in Canada for studying.

We know that we have to be a Quebcois for that. And we r interested in diploma, certificate or a degree as long as it is in English and in our fields.
Can somebody tell me the steps of achieving that:
How long does take to be a Quebcois?
what is the average cost of living per months?
is it easy to get funds as a student for graduate studies and do they give allowance?
do you suggest any university or college that we can apply for or check?

Thanks
Amira

Sasha_24

May 13, 2015
what do you mean to become Quebecois?
you have Canadian pr you don't need anything else=)))) we are also Canada=)))

you can rent an apartment for 650-700 not in the Downtown but near the metro. and for two people it's possible to eat around 500-600 per month
if you don't have a car STM card (for all types of public transport) 75-80 $ per month

Elnakeeb

Apr 1, 2014
Dear Sasha,

I have been told by some friends who live in Montreal that in order to apply for fund, scholarship, or loan you better be a Quebcois because Quebec offers the best aid for its residents. Other students from different parts of Canada they pay much more.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They mean you need to be resident in Quebec, so move there, that's all you need to do :).

You should check how long you have to be resident in QC to qualify for local fees/scolarships/aid.