+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please share Experience in getting Police clearance Cert from PSK Pune-Pls help

desirecanada

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
Hello Seniors,
Please share your Experience to obtain the Police clearance certificate from PSK Pune. Like how much time will required to get the PCC.Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

swad88

Jun 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/06/2010
Doc's Request.
01/10/2010
AOR Received.
06/02/2011
IELTS Request
01/10/2010
File Transfer...
In Process 17-04-2012
Med's Request
13/08/2013
Med's Done....
24/08/2013
Passport Req..
13/08/2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 18/10/2013
Hi desirecanada,
i obtained pcc from pune passport office and it was fairly good experience for me .
if u hv any other queries regarding that pls drop a post I'll try my best to help you.
Cheers......

desirecanada

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
Hi swad88,

Thanks a lot for your reply,

I have been staying in Pune for the last 8 months.I have filled the online form and got the appointment . (at Ghorpadi - Mundhwa Road,Pingle Wasti, Opp. Ganga Orchid,Pune-411036)

Can you pls tell me what documents I need to carry with me which will be sufficient to show for the PCC and how much time it will take to get the PCC

Thanks in advance.

swad88 said:
Hi desirecanada,
i obtained pcc from pune passport office and it was fairly good experience for me .
if u hv any other queries regarding that pls drop a post I'll try my best to help you.
Cheers......

swad88

Jun 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/06/2010
Doc's Request.
01/10/2010
AOR Received.
06/02/2011
IELTS Request
01/10/2010
File Transfer...
In Process 17-04-2012
Med's Request
13/08/2013
Med's Done....
24/08/2013
Passport Req..
13/08/2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 18/10/2013
Hi desirecanada,
docs you gonna required are,

Passport size photographs
Copy of passport,
Proof of identity( pan card or any other),
Current proof of address,
Copies of all valid visa (if any) in the passport,
Pls carry all your original documents including your passport.
Hope that helps.... i applied in person to passport office located at senapati bapat road almost a year ago and received pcc within 20 days.
cheers

desirecanada

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
Hi swad88,

I have the electricity bill for the last 6 months but the name in the bill is of the owner.Will that be sufficient or any other document is required.

Thanks

swad88 said:
Hi desirecanada,
docs you gonna required are,

Passport size photographs
Copy of passport,
Proof of identity( pan card or any other),
Current proof of address,
Copies of all valid visa (if any) in the passport,
Pls carry all your original documents including your passport.
Hope that helps.... i applied in person to passport office located at senapati bapat road almost a year ago and received pcc within 20 days.
cheers

new_2_canada

Apr 25, 2011
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My experience in Delhi 6 days ago:
I filled up the online form and tried to get an online appointment, most of the times appointments were filled out pretty soon like 20-30 seconds after 6PM when they open, I got lucky on 3rd day of filling the form and got an appointment but that was in first week of July. I decided to go to the Regional Passport Office at Bhikaji Kama Place. The documents I took were my Passport, photocopies of first 2 and last 2 pages of the Passport and MTNL bill which is on my Name.

Requested the security on the gate telling them need it before 25 June. They asked me to contact the counter where the tokens were being issued. Went on the window and explained the urgency of the PCC, they took the documents and created a file for me, then a token was issued. I was then sent to the area where the forms were being processed, The form was checked, and the form along wiith the documents were scanned and put in the system, My Photograph and fingerprints were taken and then forwarded to the Verification and approval dept. (Till this point it is handled by TCS in Delhi).

Verification and Approval officers are Govt. employees, the verification officer verified the documents and then forwarded the file to the Approval officer, the approval officer checked my police verification on the system and issued me PCC then and there itself. Total time taken from reaching there to getting the PCC and tamp on the Passport less than 2 hours which included a lunch break of 30 mins.

I came to know that if your Police verification at the time of passport issue is unambiguous then the PCC is issued the same day. That is why I was issued the PCC the same day, if your file needs re-verification from Police then it takes time.

Try going to RPO and see if you can get the PCC before the appointment date.

pramodnair.m

Mar 12, 2013
Hi desirecanada,

I am going through the same process, I am in Pune. Can you please explain me what you have done to obtain the PCC.

Regards,
Pramod M

Bally147

Jul 31, 2012
This is what i found at:-

http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/faqServicesAvailable

Q: In how much time will Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) be issued?
A: Please refer the table below to determine the time required for issuing Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) in various cases: S.No. Police Verification Report (PVR)/ Observation in System Service Levels
1. Police Verification Report in respect of the existing passport is clear and there is no subsequent adverse entry in the system Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) will be issued on the same day at PSK/ Mini PSK.
2. a) Police Verification was not required when the passport was issued as the applicant was then a minor and has now become an adult Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) will be issued only after completion of police verification process. After PVR is received, Passport Office (PO) will inform the applicant through e-mail/ letter. Applicant needs to come to the Passport Office (PO) with his/her passport to collect Police Clearance Certificate (PCC). Country for which Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) is being issued will be stamped on the passport.
b) Police Verification was not required when the passport was issued as the applicant was a dependent of a Government employee
c) Police Verification process could not be completed at the time of issuance of passport due to various reasons
d) Applicant's present address is different from that mentioned in the passport
e) Any other such cases where passport was issued without police verification

Q: What is the procedure to apply for Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) if passport was issued from another Passport office/Indian Mission?
A: If you are in India, you can submit the filled in Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) Application Form at Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/, within the jurisdiction of your Passport Office. If you are abroad, you need to contact the respective Indian mission/post of that country. You need to attach the self-attested photocopies of the following documents along with the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) Application Form:
1.Passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages, including ECR/Non-ECR page (previously ECNR), the page of observation (if any) made by Passport Issuing Authority, and validity extension page, if any, in respect of short validity passport
2.Proof of Present Address (if address is different from the one mentioned on passport).

Q: What is the validity of Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)?
A: There is no validity specified for Police Clearance Certificate (PCC). However, if the particular country asks for a specific validity, then you need to meet Assistant Passport Officer (APO) at your nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) for the same.
Q: Can Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) be issued for more than one country through one application form?
A: Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) can only be issued for one country through one application form.
Q: What is the age limit for getting the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)?
A: There is no age limit specified for getting the Police Clearance Certificate.
Q: Are minor citizens required to apply for Police Clearance Certificate?
A: Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) can be issued to minors, if a country asks for the same.

me2canada

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
1112 Financial Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12 March 2016
Med's Done....
passed 15 March
Passport Req..
07-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting :)
LANDED..........
waiting :)
Hi All,

I think the thread topic is very useful. If we could share our exp, a lot of them can benefit.

I applied for mine through both psk and police commissioner office at bangalore.

Address proof gathering in India: For people who are staying away from native, I would suggest to Get rent agreement and open account in some govt bank as soon as you possible for getting your pcc done smoothly. Side by side, Apply for mobile postpaid number/MTNL landline ( any bank statement with address would do for this). Trust me you have to plan and get for your address proof, whenever you shift, wherever you stay or else life in India gets difficult for ambitious people ;D . Because to get one address proof they ask for address proof (you know what i mean). So you wont know where to start. I would say start with rent agreement or IT order or postpaid mobile bills.

I stayed in PG and never bothered about address proof. Luckily I had IT order and mobile bills. When we shifted to apartment, I got other proofs.

Gas/electricity bills in your name are best but I understand it is not feasible for all. Aadhar card, LIC, IT assesment order are also easy.

I read that you have to get stamp on Airtel postpaid bills at the airtel outlet to be accepted as proof.

Police commissioner office: This pcc has the time period of your stay at the address mentioned.

I read about the documents that i need to carry on their website and downloaded, printed and filled form. Kept all those ready along with original and photos.
I made payment through bangalore one. I would suggest this because when i reached commissioner office there was a long queue for payment. I skipped that.
I went to police commissioner office and there is a neat seating arrangement for filling form etc. There are two officers sitting across the table. I went to them directly. They asked if i made payment. I showed my Bangalore one receipt. I showed my form, Gas connection paper, statebank passbook, airtel postpaid bill, rent agreement for my current address. I have been staying for only 6 months in my current address and my passport is not from bangalore. It was still fine.

I submitted the photocopies and they verified it with originals. Passport and photos are also must.
I opted for sms notification. They told me that i l get msg n i hv to go my area police station.

I got message same evening. I had to carry the same documents as I carried earlier with photocopies. Also , I was asked to get letters from 2 of my neighbors with their address and contact number.
The police here asked me to write a letter requesting pcc for which he dictated the content. Then he said I l get msg within a few days. But I never got. It should be ready in 21 days and needs to be collected from commissioner office.

PSK Pcc: It was a piece of cake.. Got done in 1.5 hours. It doesnt have any time period mentioned. So I felt this was better.

I took my passport, photos, gas connection paper,statebank passbook, Rent agreement, Airtel postpaid bill, one document checklist copy that i got from CIC website that mentioned pcc is required and photocopies. They explicitly mention in appointment schedule to carry only current address proof. Booked appointment online and paid online. Took print of receipt and appointment schedule.

Went on the day of appointment. I waited in queue for about 45 mins to show my documents and get a token. Only then they told me I have to fill another form for pcc. I really felt If we had known before we could have kept that ready even before standing in queue. Thankfully he lady accepted my documents and asked me to fill the form to be added to my application.

Then they put our papers in a file and give a paper with token number in 15 mins.

You are sent to the counters further inside. From here the process was super fast that i dint even have time to put my originals into my folder while moving from one counter to other. My token number would be already flashing at the next counter by the time I put my originals back. They take your finger print, click photo and scan your documents here.

At the next counter , they check the documents again.

At the last counter, they ask for purpose of pcc. If all clear, they take your passport, put a stamp. and give a letter stating this person has no adverse record. Simple and straight forward. Check your details on the letter before you leave. At the exit you are asked to fill feedback. I gave really nice feedback but mentioned they could hv put a notice regarding requirement to fill pcc request form.

I was out of the psk in one and half hrs total. I was worried if it would take months together as my passport is not from the same state. But i guess they look for solid current address proofs only.

I was not comfortable just taking police commisoner pcc as it would mention I was staying for 6 months at current address. I was worried what if CIC questions me what about the period prior to that. I did not want to apply for pcc for all the 3 addresses that i stayed in bangalore in the past 3 years and go about to each area police station and take signature from each area neighbour. Although police commissioner office doesnt mind granting you pcc for your address even if you have stayed 6 months, CIC might have questions about the prior period. So psk pcc made sense.

Hope it is useful. write in how it went for you. +1 if it helped. ;)

drnethrasrao

Aug 19, 2018
Hi desirecanada,
Cheers......
trying to schedule appointment for police clearance certificate of 'not accompanying spouse' at passport sera Kendra online. what reason to be given - migration purposes apart from citizenship OR others ? since they will NOT be accompanying in EE PR application...