+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please review my letter NOC 2171 - is writing full time good enough?

dastanmo

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 05, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Thanks for taking the time to read my post and I would really appreciate any confirmation/advice from you. :)

I am working as a System Analyst and am planning to apply under NOC 2171 sometime next week. Could you please help me by reviewing my letter?

Also, my letter says I am working "fulltime" - is that good enough or should it explicitly say I worked 40 hours a week?

My company letterhead does not have any email address but has the company address, telephone, fax and website address. Is that okay?

Friday November 21, 2014

To whom it may concern:

This letter is to confirm that XXXX has been employed with XXXX since November 7, 2013. She is currently working fulltime as a Junior Systems Analyst, and earning an annual salary of $XXX CAD. She is also participating in the company group benefits plan which includes extended health and dental benefits.

XXX's duties included:

- Analyzing Payment systems applications used for online transaction processing
- Assisting in design requirements for Payment applications
- Providing technical assistance in the determination and solution of issues related to Payment systems and applications
- Monitoring Payment systems, day to day payment processing tasks and operations; performs root cause analysis of any reported problems
- Provides inputs and alternatives to Payment services team for any system changes
- Reviews and provides feedback on Business requirement documents for Payment systems
- Develops and implements scripts and macros to automate and improvise efficiency of Payment services operations
- Prepares and maintains system diagrams for Payment services systems and applications
- Implements Quality Assurance procedures and methodologies for Payment systems and applications
- Assists in Disaster Recovery processes for Payment systems and services
- Documents and maintains internal service level agreements (SLA) for Payment systems.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you,

HR

amarecharla

Oct 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-02-2015
dastanmo said:
Thanks for taking the time to read my post and I would really appreciate any confirmation/advice from you. :)

I am working as a System Analyst and am planning to apply under NOC 2171 sometime next week. Could you please help me by reviewing my letter?

Also, my letter says I am working "fulltime" - is that good enough or should it explicitly say I worked 40 hours a week?

My company letterhead does not have any email address but has the company address, telephone, fax and website address. Is that okay?

Friday November 21, 2014

To whom it may concern:

This letter is to confirm that XXXX has been employed with XXXX since November 7, 2013. She is currently working fulltime as a Junior Systems Analyst, and earning an annual salary of $XXX CAD. She is also participating in the company group benefits plan which includes extended health and dental benefits.

XXX's duties included:

- Analyzing Payment systems applications used for online transaction processing
- Assisting in design requirements for Payment applications
- Providing technical assistance in the determination and solution of issues related to Payment systems and applications
- Monitoring Payment systems, day to day payment processing tasks and operations; performs root cause analysis of any reported problems
- Provides inputs and alternatives to Payment services team for any system changes
- Reviews and provides feedback on Business requirement documents for Payment systems
- Develops and implements scripts and macros to automate and improvise efficiency of Payment services operations
- Prepares and maintains system diagrams for Payment services systems and applications
- Implements Quality Assurance procedures and methodologies for Payment systems and applications
- Assists in Disaster Recovery processes for Payment systems and services
- Documents and maintains internal service level agreements (SLA) for Payment systems.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you,

HR

Yes....you must mention the number of hours per week....or else they will simply put your file under review.
Say ".....worked full time for XX hrs/wk" or in any other way...but you must mention that......!!!

TeddyXYZ

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2014
Put something like:

Dastanmo is paid XX$$ per hour and works a minimum of 40 hours per week with an approximate annual salary of XXXXXX$$$

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
TeddyXYZ said:
Dastanmo is paid XX$$ per hour and works a minimum of 40 hours per week with an approximate annual salary of XXXXXX$$$
NO - this is appropriate for some one who earns an hourly wage, but not for someone who earns a salary.

An annual salary and an hourly wage are two completely different types of remuneration. If Dastanmo is paid an annual salary, that is exactly what the letter should say. There is no hourly wage to report for people on annual salaries - although you could calculate the hourly equivalent, there is absolutely no need.

The "hours worked per week" information is how CIC determines whether you meet THEIR definition of full-time. Try and get that added -

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
^ I agree!

The duties and responsibilities specified in the letter is clear and conforms with 2171 in my opinion.

Best of luck to you!

dastanmo

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 05, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Thanks so much for all the help everyone. :)

dastanmo

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 05, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
I got my letter updated to say "She is currently working full time (40 hour work week) as a Junior Systems Analyst ...." :)

But now I'm worried since my letter says "She is currently working full time" as opposed to "She has been working full time" but it is not possible to get my letter updated anymore... I hope this isn't a problem. My letter mentions my start date and I am submitting my T4 and NOA from 2013 and also my 4 recent paystubs which include the Year-to-date salary which of course is on par with my annual salary mentioned on my employment letter. I am really hoping VO does the calculation and doesn't question me working full time for the whole year.. :'(

Do you think it could be an issue?

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dastanmo said:
I got my letter updated to say "She is currently working full time (40 hour work week) as a Junior Systems Analyst ...." :)

But now I'm worried since my letter says "She is currently working full time" as opposed to "She has been working full time" but it is not possible to get my letter updated anymore... I hope this isn't a problem. My letter mentions my start date and I am submitting my T4 and NOA from 2013 and also my 4 recent paystubs which include the Year-to-date salary which of course is on par with my annual salary mentioned on my employment letter. I am really hoping VO does the calculation and doesn't question me working full time for the whole year.. :'(

Do you think it could be an issue?
nope,some points missed :

1. hired as full time
2. worked how many hours each week
3. the start and end date point doesn't be listed.

don't expect VO to find clue you have worked one year by the implied meaning.

tell them exactly, from 2013 X X to 2014 XX (the current day), you have worked, you can't prove the future .

employed doesn't mean, you worked actually

write something rigorously , as a lawyer's mind

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
dastanmo said:

Well, it's not ideal because it leaves room for doubt in the mind of the VO, but they can (a) contact your employer for clarification, and (b) confirm your full-time work from your other documents. So I think it will be OK.

impulseoceanic

Dec 1, 2011
Visa Office......
crs 450
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
What is minimum salary of system analyst required to qualify under CEC ?