+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please reply urgent! - Applying for Passport-Which Birth Certificate?

samakh

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Request
28-10-2105
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
19-01-2016
Hi everyone,

Very urgent situation. Please help!

My son was born November 01 here in Canada. I am a Permanent Resident. I applied for his birth certificate and received it yesterday. At that time I didn't think much and applied for the regular birth certificate which doesn't have any information on it about the parents. Now someone told me that you need the other one---birth certificate with parental information to apply for his passport. Is that correct?

My husband's PR application is progressing well but we still think it would take 3-4 months more to reach a positive decision hopefully. However, I desperately need to visit him soon as I live alone here and his visit visa had been refused.

Please help! Thank you.

Absinthetx

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Yes you need to apply for long form birth certificate or birth certificate with parental information for passport application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

Very urgent situation. Please help!

My son was born November 01 here in Canada. I am a Permanent Resident. I applied for his birth certificate and received it yesterday. At that time I didn't think much and applied for the regular birth certificate which doesn't have any information on it about the parents. Now someone told me that you need the other one---birth certificate with parental information to apply for his passport. Is that correct?

My husband's PR application is progressing well but we still think it would take 3-4 months more to reach a positive decision hopefully. However, I desperately need to visit him soon as I live alone here and his visit visa had been refused.

Please help! Thank you.
As said above, you need the long-form certificate.

Note that as a PR sponsor, you are required to be living in Canada throughout the sponsorship process. You should keep your visit to only a few weeks, as anything longer risks the app.