+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please reply me urgently, PR related information.

Apr 17, 2010
Hi All,
My husband have filed my PR and I am dependent on him, we got one time visa and to get PR card we have to go to Canada, we are not going well together, so my we are going to get divorce.

Please tell me after I am getting PR card, and after 1 month by chance if we will file divorce case in China. as I am depended then, is my husband can cancel my PR after divorce?
Or Canada gov. will cancel my PR? Because I am dependent and we will be getting divorce?

We will be divorced then with my PR card can I go to Canada again?
Please reply me urgently

Sh

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
Jennyjenny1947 said:
Hi All,
My husband have filed my PR and I am dependent on him, we got one time visa and to get PR card we have to go to Canada, we are not going well together, so my we are going to get divorce.

Please tell me after I am getting PR card, and after 1 month by chance if we will file divorce case in China. as I am depended then, is my husband can cancel my PR after divorce?
Or Canada gov. will cancel my PR? Because I am dependent and we will be getting divorce?

We will be divorced then with my PR card can I go to Canada again?
Please reply me urgently

Once you get your PR card and then divorce, I do not think the PR card can be cancelled. However, do enquire with an attorney.

Sh

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi Jenny,

It was saddening to know your situation, but sometimes life has its own course... it's the way God tests us, our strengths, perseverance & steadfastness; but also makes us ultimately SWOT savvy [Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities & Threats].

About your PR:
If it's in your hands, make sure that no changes occur in your family status until u do the 'landing'. 'Coz, if your husband makes it tough on u & u both decide to break-up before, u'll not be able to proceed with the Canadian PR [under this case file], u'll then have to resort to filing your own PR apps, that's a long story.

Once u 'land'; and then separate, u r safe. Your PR 'holds good' -for time infinity. Moreover, being the PA, your ex-Spouse will be legally 'financially responsible' for u & your kids [if any]. No one can withdraw/cancel or do anything detrimental to your PR then, including your Ex. Rest assured. Obtaining the PR card, SIN card, OHIP etc. remains secondary. The safety net lies in being able to maintain your PR status... unless u yourself harm that by way of residency requirements [I mean the 2/5 rule].

All the best !
Qorax

Apr 17, 2010
If he will go alone then and applied for himself and then if I will go without telling him if I will go and apply for PR card then can I get it ?
Or can he will go alone and cancel mine?

neki

Apr 29, 2010
Hello Jenny,

Sorry about your situation.

You must go with him to Canada before you divorce. If you do not and he goes alone, then you will not be able to go after that if he decides to divorce you before you get to Canada. Also, you cannot go before him since he is the principal applicant.

Good luck.

Neki.