+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please reas and suggest - LMIA letter process

Harmit Singh

Nov 2, 2018
Dear friends i have some questions regarding the LMIA process,

Firstly,

Me and my wife had uploaded our profile in the express entry pool last year in september and we are currently at 424 points waiting for the draw to drop down. I have some questions regarding LMIA as well .

1 - My elder brother had moved to Canada last year on PR with his family. He told me he can arrange a LMIA ( Job offer ) from a Canadian employer in the general construction side .
So my question is in our profile my wife is the primary applicant and she has completed her B.tech from India , Punjab . We both have given our ietls and she has scored overall of 7.5 bands and i have scored overall 6.5 bands.
I have a technical experience of more than 13 years from Dubai and currently in India working for a firm in the same technical industry. I have completed by high school but didn't complete my higher studies . She is currently working for a IT firm in Chandigarh.
So if that employer sends me the offer letter will it be beneficial for us or he should send it to my wife (if possible ) and can spouse be accompanied together while leaving.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know as i am really worried and confused at the same time.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear friends i have some questions regarding the LMIA process,

Firstly,

Me and my wife had uploaded our profile in the express entry pool last year in september and we are currently at 424 points waiting for the draw to drop down. I have some questions regarding LMIA as well .

1 - My elder brother had moved to Canada last year on PR with his family. He told me he can arrange a LMIA ( Job offer ) from a Canadian employer in the general construction side .
So my question is in our profile my wife is the primary applicant and she has completed her B.tech from India , Punjab . We both have given our ietls and she has scored overall of 7.5 bands and i have scored overall 6.5 bands.
I have a technical experience of more than 13 years from Dubai and currently in India working for a firm in the same technical industry. I have completed by high school but didn't complete my higher studies . She is currently working for a IT firm in Chandigarh.
So if that employer sends me the offer letter will it be beneficial for us or he should send it to my wife (if possible ) and can spouse be accompanied together while leaving.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know as i am really worried and confused at the same time.
Thanks
A general construction LMIA most likely won't get you any additional points. The job needs to be in a NOC A, B or 0 occupation.

Harmit Singh

Nov 2, 2018
Great that helps but wht if that employer sends a LMIA ( Offer letter ) for my wife . Will that work? And kindly tell me if my wife Can accompany me as well on LMIA Work permit basis or she has to stay back and come after a certain time.
Thanks