+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please read, any help will be appreciated..

bistolfi49

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
ITALY
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
beginning of Apr-2011 encashed a week after submission
AOR Received.
beginning of Jul-2011 IN Process: end of Jul-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with initial application
File Transfer...
end of Jul-2011
Med's Request
mid of Jul-2012
Med's Done....
mid of Jul-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
mid of Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
mid of Nov-2012
LANDED..........
Spring 2013
hey guys, I am an experienced Architect with a comprehensive work experience and landed to canada as skilled worker.
It has been 1.5 years since I came to canada/toronto. since the very first day I desperately looked for a job, thanks to somebody who I knew I was referred to a company to do a very basic job for 3 months contract. since then I searched very hard and I was not successful. I know it is because of not having good connections. it is crucial for architects to know some people to refer their resume to architectural firms. I don't know anybody and now I am broke. I have spent all of my saving and I am going to face a terrible situations. Thank you Canada !
I dont know if anybody will ever read this but I use this opportunity to ask for help. I am looking for any job in toronto area which I could reach by TTC. I appreciate a lot.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As an architect you have lots of opportunities in Canada, but unfortunately you have been looking in the wrong city.

You must move to AB, SK or MB or maybe BC. Apply with companies that build houses and move to a city where housing market is booming. The east part of Canada is pretty much dead. I was therefore before and I was in the same boat as you are now. Just move out West. If u still can't find any job then get your education upgraded.

It is also important that you are able to speak Good English. If u cant speak good English then even if you have Masters degree.. you can't find a job. Good luck to you !

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear about your situation - it is indeed frustrating to spend time, effort and money while looking for jobs. My understanding is that you would require professional registration as an architect in the province(s) where you will be working. Is this correct? If so, have you obtained, or are in the process of obtaining this registration? In any of your interviews, has this issue appeared as a constraint?

If so, then this may be the first hurdle to cross. In my industry, we don't employ architects, so I am afraid I won't be of much assistance in terms of referrals.

Good luck with your search.

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
To be honest you are actually lucky to have gotten a job in your field even if it was 3 months.

You did better than many new immigrants without connections. Be proud of yourself and think about relocating. ... out of Canada.