+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please provide a new travel history

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Hi guys and gals,

Just got a message in my CIC account asking for a couple of things, one of them being:

'Please provide a new Travel History that will include the exact time you spent in the United
Kingdom for the following dates: FEBRUARY 2013 TO SEPTEMBER 2016'

I know for a fact that I provided the most detailed travel history to my knowledge in both the e-APR, as well as any supplementary travel information in my LOE. Anyway, I'm going to act on this request using IMM5562 as they've requested, however do you think I should

a) Provide the travel history again for those dates with all trips made

or

b) Provide the travel history again for those dates with only time spent in the United Kingdom?

Thank you!

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
Hi guys and gals,

Just got a message in my CIC account asking for a couple of things, one of them being:

'Please provide a new Travel History that will include the exact time you spent in the United
Kingdom for the following dates: FEBRUARY 2013 TO SEPTEMBER 2016'

I know for a fact that I provided the most detailed travel history to my knowledge in both the e-APR, as well as any supplementary travel information in my LOE. Anyway, I'm going to act on this request using IMM5562 as they've requested, however do you think I should

a) Provide the travel history again for those dates with all trips made

or

b) Provide the travel history again for those dates with only time spent in the United Kingdom?

Thank you!
I believe, some where your travel history data/date mis matching against the stamped pages in passport. This might be a possible reason.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
I believe, some where your travel history data/date mis matching against the stamped pages in passport. This might be a possible reason.
I have rechecked my stamps again, and they all match fine. If there is a disparity, it may only be because the exit stamp from country of residence was stamped on one day, and the entry stamp in the United Kingdom happens to be the day after because it was an early am flight whereby you leave the country of residence before midnight, and enter the United Kingdom after midnight.

If it happens to be because there are no exit stamps out of the UK, it is because there are no manned border exits when you leave the country, you just can your boarding pass. So any disparate information can be picked up by immigration if they do their standard checks. I am sure that CIC is well aware of this.

My question was whether I should include all travel history, or just the UK dates.

Thanks!

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
New travel history that will include the exact time...
You should write the whole travel history again.

Reactions: Funkdakarma

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
I have rechecked my stamps again, and they all match fine. If there is a disparity, it may only be because the exit stamp from country of residence was stamped on one day, and the entry stamp in the United Kingdom happens to be the day after because it was an early am flight whereby you leave the country of residence before midnight, and enter the United Kingdom after midnight.

If it happens to be because there are no exit stamps out of the UK, it is because there are no manned border exits when you leave the country, you just can your boarding pass. So any disparate information can be picked up by immigration if they do their standard checks. I am sure that CIC is well aware of this.

My question was whether I should include all travel history, or just the UK dates.

Thanks!
i have traveled 7-8 times to uk in last 3 years.. that is not an issue.
You should include all travel history.. i had travelled as a tour to Malaysia 7 years back then to many European countries too. All those need to be included.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
New travel history that will include the exact time...
You should write the whole travel history again.
Obviously that should be the entire travel history within those dates as questioned, correct? (February 2013 to September 2016)? Because the rest of it is already in the e-APR and the LOE as first submitted.

It really doesn't make sense to re-enter the entire travel history of the past 10 years since that is not the period in question.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
i have traveled 7-8 times to uk in last 3 years.. that is not an issue.
You should include all travel history.. i had travelled as a tour to Malaysia 7 years back then to many European countries too. All those need to be included.
I have included all information in the e-APR and an additional LOE (as the number of trips I've taken exceeded the number of rows provided in the e-APR.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
I believe that this information may have been asked of me to verify my total number of days spent in the United Kingdom. I've been a pretty frequent traveler to there in the past 10 years as my sister lived there for the majority of that period.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
When They ask ADR for travel history, you need to provide the whole travel history again, includes the time period which they mentioned.
Probably they have some other information about your travels. Did you have any visa in canada which you provide different travel history?

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
When They ask ADR for travel history, you need to provide the whole travel history again, includes the time period which they mentioned.
Probably they have some other information about your travels. Did you have any visa in canada which you provide different travel history?
Thanks a lot for your response.

In that case, to be safe, I will provide the entire travel history again, although I really don't see why I should if they are only concerned about the travel history to the UK within those dates.

I'm not sure what your last 2 sentences mean, but all the travel history provided in both the e-APR and the LOE sent in the begin are absolutely accurate.

My only feeling is they want to know how much time I've spent in the UK, as I have made many trips in the past 10 years to the UK, since I had family that lived there until very recently. I guess they want to verify that the total time spent in the UK does not exceed 6 months cumulatively, which it does not.

Thanks

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Thanks a lot for your response.

In that case, to be safe, I will provide the entire travel history again, although I really don't see why I should if they are only concerned about the travel history to the UK within those dates.

I'm not sure what your last 2 sentences mean, but all the travel history provided in both the e-APR and the LOE sent in the begin are absolutely accurate.

My only feeling is they want to know how much time I've spent in the UK, as I have made many trips in the past 10 years to the UK, since I had family that lived there until very recently. I guess they want to verify that the total time spent in the UK does not exceed 6 months cumulatively, which it does not.

Thanks
I meant have you ever had any canadian visa, study, tourist, work in which you did provide different travel history than in the Post ITA? Even accidentally.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
I meant have you ever had any canadian visa, study, tourist, work in which you did provide different travel history than in the Post ITA? Even accidentally.
I've had 2 Canadian tourist visas issued, both have been represented in my travel history AND both have the relevant stamps in the passport.

Why would the Canadian visa be relevant if the request has been (as I initially specified) about my travel history to the United Kingdom from February 2013 till September 2016?

I'm not sure if sometimes we are prone to overthinking and overdoing our applications, instead of simplistically answering the immigration officers with what they need! It's mind-boggling, really.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
I've had 2 Canadian tourist visas issued, both have been represented in my travel history AND both have the relevant stamps in the passport.

Why would the Canadian visa be relevant if the request has been (as I initially specified) about my travel history to the United Kingdom from February 2013 till September 2016?

I'm not sure if sometimes we are prone to overthinking and overdoing our applications, instead of simplistically answering the immigration officers with what they need! It's mind-boggling, really.
Not the canadian visa but the information what you provided with canadian visa would be relevant. I am not sure where you are from, but there are countries from where to get canadian tourist visa needs travel history. I meant if there is any mismatch then they might ask new travel history. I hope you get what I would like to tell.
If you are sure there is not mismatch you do not have to be worried.
I can be a random request also.
You can go through this forum there are many cases similar like yours when additional travel history is required.
All the best.