WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
impatient_queen said:
congrats kess!! did u guys send a pre-paid envelope?? ..or just regular service.
Just regular service back (I made him send it overnight with confirmation signature going there).

We're so relieved. An ex-coworker of mine is also sponsoring his wife and he just told me their prints were refused after 3 months of waiting for the quality being too low. My husband went to some place that specializes in immigrations and paid almost $50 for the prints to be done. They used their card stock and the ink went on red but dried black.

Now to finish the rest of the app.

nick985

Sep 1, 2009
Regular envelope.

8 Weeks.

Mentioned the date when the documents are required on the front of the envelope... i think this really helps...

Nick.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
That's good news - hopefully I'll be hearing something soon. Still haven't charged my credit card, though.

minna

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/07/2010
AOR Received.
08/09/2010
File Transfer...
19/08/2010
Med's Done....
13/07/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
30/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2010
LANDED..........
18/12/2010
our prints were received June 3rd, and I called today and they are in the computer, she said they were listed as "in progress" and that it may be another 2-3 weeks before we get a reply.

but, honestly, if the package is opened, that seems to me to be the longest part of the wait - the actual processing shouldn't take long - either accept or reject pretty quickly, right??

It was 7 weeks last Thursday (July 22) so I am hopeful to get the letter in the mail very soon!!

S

SaugaBoss

can_usa_97 said:
I tried to email 2 addresses and both were bounced back.

I tried liason @ leo.gov & do @ leo.gov neither worked.
well someone emailed me back and told me to contact the liason email address and she forwarded my email to the liason one as well lets c what happens!

silverbee

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15, 2010
File Transfer...
August 15, 2010
Passport Req..
November 9, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
So after my first FBI request was lost from April, i sent another one today. I made sure to send it registered and got an extra set of prints done, too. Hopefully I will get a response before Buffalo asks for the Fbi check....

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
minna said:
but, honestly, if the package is opened, that seems to me to be the longest part of the wait - the actual processing shouldn't take long - either accept or reject pretty quickly, right??
I've picked up on what seems to be a bit of a misconception in this thread about what the FBI does when they receive our fingerprints. Their purpose is to create a report, based on your fingerprints, that tells whether or not you have ever had any recorded arrests/convictions. The "accept/reject" thing keeps popping up, but that isn't about the report the FBI issues - in other words, they don't send a report that says that your prints were rejected. They send a report that either confirms that you have no arrest record, or that details whatever record you have.

I think the "accept/reject" notion stems from the fact that sometimes the prints submitted are not properly done and can't be processed - and then the person submitting them is asked to get a new set. This isn't because some kind of record was discovered - it's just because the prints that were received by the FBI can't be used. If you think about it, the FBI will not have everybody's fingerprints on file - they'll only have the fingerprints of people who've been arrested. They don't have my fingerprints in their database - because I've never been arrested. But the prints I submit for my clearance have to be clear enough to be compared to the database - if they aren't, they can't issue a "No Record" certification.

Hope that clears up any confusion that might exist about the "accept/reject" comments throughout this thread. The FBI will use proper fingerprints to issue a report that verifies whether or not you have a criminal record. If you don't, it's not an "acceptance" - it's just a report. CIC then uses the information in the report to make their assessment as to whether or not you are eligible for permanent status in Canada.

minna

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/07/2010
AOR Received.
08/09/2010
File Transfer...
19/08/2010
Med's Done....
13/07/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
30/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2010
LANDED..........
18/12/2010
Robsluv - of course.

I don't think anyone asked a question that indicated that they didn't understand the process. I certainly didn't.

I used the same short-hand that everyone else here uses. Not because they are confused somehow about how the FBI processed their fingerprints, but because, for the most part, we know there is no criminal record to be found. That's my impression, anyways. We aren't too concerned about the 'content' of the report but whether or not we have to re-submit another set of fingerprints, delaying the processing of our applications.

The FBI *does* send a letter saying that your prints were rejected. From what I understand and from what I have read, it doesn't look too different from the report that they send you if your prints are processed. Both are pretty unremarkable.

The question I asked was about the timing of the processing of the fingerprints.

sogwap

Feb 18, 2010
Indiana
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the past several weeks I made a number of phone calls to FBI customer service asking about my second set of fingerprints that I send April 15, 2010. They said was they would look into it and get back with me, which never happened. Yesterday I sent an email to liaison@leo.gov asking about the second set of fingerprints. This is the response I received back from them:

Your response was updated and is in process. It can take a few weeks to complete. Thank you!
Hopefully this means they found my fingerprints and I will finally get a positive response (no criminal record) soon. It's been a long wait for the past eight months since I sent my original set of fingerprints the first week of December 2009 which were rejected because the print quality was "too low". I'm not holding my breath, but it is a sigh of relief, that I might finally be able to begin the first step and send in my PR application.

PS. My first set of fingerprints that were rejected took over 13 weeks to process. :(
This second set so far has taken over 14 weeks processing time. :'(

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
minna said:
Robsluv - of course.

I don't think anyone asked a question that indicated that they didn't understand the process. I certainly didn't.

I used the same short-hand that everyone else here uses. Not because they are confused somehow about how the FBI processed their fingerprints, but because, for the most part, we know there is no criminal record to be found. That's my impression, anyways. We aren't too concerned about the 'content' of the report but whether or not we have to re-submit another set of fingerprints, delaying the processing of our applications.

The FBI *does* send a letter saying that your prints were rejected. From what I understand and from what I have read, it doesn't look too different from the report that they send you if your prints are processed. Both are pretty unremarkable.

The question I asked was about the timing of the processing of the fingerprints.
Hi Minna

First of all, I wasn't responding directly to your reply or I would have quoted it - so don't take my comments as correction or criticism. What I wrote was not, in any way, a response to whatever you had written earlier. Not about you.

Part of the reason for a thread like this is to provide correct information to others who are searching the forums - so I was simply clarifying a point for others who are reading through this thread - as I was - for information on how the whole FBI request process works, timelines, and what to expect. I thought that several of the replies made it sound a little like the FBI was sending some type of "approval" or "rejection" as far as eligibility for Canadian immigration - even if that wasn't what people were meaning to say. I was simply trying to point out that the "accept" or "reject" was due to some people having experienced a rejection of the quality of their actual prints. I was only trying to clarify that an "acceptance" of prints doesn't mean the FBI somehow recommends approval for PR - it simply means that an FBI report can be issued . . . but that report could still result in refusal of a PR ap if an arrest is revealed. Likewise, a rejection of the prints because of quality issues does not mean the FBI is issuing a "rejection" as far as PR eligibility . . . it would simply mean a report could not be issued until new prints were received.

Hope this clears things up - it was a bit hard to explain what I was getting at, but I did my best at the time just to try to be of help. (I suppose that's why I now have a -6 in my rating when I could swear it was only a -5 a day or so ago. Sometimes it's not worth the trouble.)

minna

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/07/2010
AOR Received.
08/09/2010
File Transfer...
19/08/2010
Med's Done....
13/07/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
30/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2010
LANDED..........
18/12/2010
robsluv - gotcha, and apologies.

I sent you a PM.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
minna said:
robsluv - gotcha, and apologies.

I sent you a PM.
Thanks. ;) I sent one back.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
It's official - I am now logging in on a daily basis to check the transaction history on my credit card to see if it's been charged for the FBI clearance. This is like obsessively logging into eCAS used to be . . . . :-[

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
27-07-2010 (to Detroit 15/09/10)
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2010 (arrived 01-11-2010)
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
Update from me: I got my FBI certificate!!!! :) well it is still in the States..I need to have it forwarded to me in Canada.

Timeline:
My 1st print was rejected after 7wks 3days.
My 2nd and 3rd prints went out June 3 and received by the FBI on June 7. The money orders were cashed on the same date July 22 (6wks 3d)..and it got to the house on July 28 (7wks 2d).