File Transfer...
27-August-2012
Med's Done....
23-March-2012
Passport Req..
1-Dec-2012 via email
LANDED..........
15-Feb-2013 :D
I have been researching all around but I couldn't look for an answer . Please i really need help. My sister has a multiple visitor visa and we found someone to sponsor her under Live-in Caregiver. We have already her LMIA, police clearance and other requirements. We are planning to send her application in New York visa office but her visitors visa will expire (6 months) on October 10. Do we need to apply for extension first? or will it be okay if we send her work permit application now??

Please if anybody knows the answer or any one who knows agency that can help us!!!! Thank you so much!!

sophiaka

Feb 16, 2014
If he visitors visa expires while she is in New York, she won't be allowed back into Canada until she obtains either a positive decision coming from her application as a Live-in Caregiver or a new visitors visa.
She can apply right now for an extension and if they give it to her, she would be allowed back into Canada regardless of the decision of the other process.

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
fcharm23 said:
I have been researching all around but I couldn't look for an answer . Please i really need help. My sister has a multiple visitor visa and we found someone to sponsor her under Live-in Caregiver. We have already her LMIA, police clearance and other requirements. We are planning to send her application in New York visa office but her visitors visa will expire (6 months) on October 10. Do we need to apply for extension first? or will it be okay if we send her work permit application now??

Please if anybody knows the answer or any one who knows agency that can help us!!!! Thank you so much!!
She needs to extend her visitor visa for her to stay in Canada until she gets approved on her work permit application.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fcharm23 said:
We are planning to send her application in New York visa office but her visitors visa will expire (6 months) on October 10. Do we need to apply for extension first? or will it be okay if we send her work permit application now??
When you said her visitor's visa will expire, did you mean that
- her visa on the passport will expire on Oct 10?
- her stay will end (as shown on the stamps in the passport) on Oct 10?

Expiry of the visa does not mean she cannot stay if she is in the country. It only means that the visa (counterfoil on passport) cannot be used anymore to re-enter Canada. Her duration of stay is shown on the stamps in the passport, or if there is no stamp, 6months from the date she entered Canada. This is different from expiry date of the visa.

In order for her to continue on to stay in Canada as a visitor, she must apply for extension of stay as a visitor.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp
As soon as she files this and the application is received, then even if her duration of stay has expired/ended, she has implied status and can remain in the country as a visitor until she receives a result from the application.