+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help!!!

yarn128

Feb 10, 2011
Hi everyone,

I have been reading these forums constantly ever since I have started to fill out our sponsorship application. Everyone has been a bigggggg help!! :) :)

I have a few questions, and it would be really helpful if someone could answer them.

1) For my wife's university degree (she is the one being sponsored by me, and I am living in Canada at the moment) , do we have to provide the original document? we don't have a problem with that, but she might need that in the future to apply for jobs I guess.

I was thinking that we can provide a photocopy, but I am not sure if that is acceptable.

3) For my wife's educational documents, do we need to provide her certificates of grade 12 (FSC certificates, since she is from Pakistan)? How about her grade 10 certificates? which documents would work as his educational documents?

Or do we just have to provide her university degree? and nothing else?

4) On the forums, I have found out that for "additional family details", we also need to provide account for her parent and siblings (even if they are not accompanying them to Canada). However, my consultant told me that it only refers to her former spouse (if any) or children.

I have been trusting my consultant with everything so far, but now I am having second thoughts about him. I mean in the forums, everyone has discussed that we need to provide information about my wife's parents and siblings as well.

I am reallyyyyy confused about this issue, and I am not sure who to trust with it, because my consultant is telling me a complete different story.

5) We are providing all the doucments for my wife's employment, but do we need to provide anything for her previous one? she started working with the currrent company only a year ago I think. So she has most of her records with the old company. So do we need to provide documentation from them as well?

Please let me know if anyone has the correct information (especially for question#4). I would reallyy appreciate the help.

Thank you.

solosunseeker

Jan 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is my two cents, I am sure there will be others.
1 - 3) I am assuming you are sponsering your wife, therefore she does not have to provide any documents about education. She just needs to fill in the question. Where, when, for what, that kind of thing.

4) Additional family, she must list all family members under one of the questions. mom, dad, brothers, sisters, half-brothers, half-sisters, step-brothers and so on BUT this is different from the family they talk about in another question which is only you, your wife and any children either of you may have, it does not matter if the child is just your wifes with another, it does not matter who has custude of the child. The child MUST be included. Your consultant should know what he/she is talking about that is why you pay them.

5) Again if you are sponsering her there is no need for her employment documents, just anwser the questions on the application.

yarn128

Feb 10, 2011
Thank you soo much for the answers.

Actually, in the region sepcific forms for Pakistan, we are asked to submit alll of her educational documents. Now, I am not sure what they mean by "all", as I thought just the university degree would be fine.

However, it is stated in the form that we also need to provide "school leaving certificates", and this is what is confusing me.

For the background information, I should let you know that my wife is currently living in Saudi Arabia, but she is a national of Pakistan. Since it takes muchhh longer to apply from the visa office allocated to Saudi Arabia, we have decided to apply from the visa office in Pakistan. (since she has the choice of both).

Pleaseeee also let me know :

- In our situtation, which region specific forms do we need to hand in? According to the guide, we have to fill out the ones based on our "current place of residence".

My wife is currently living in Saudi Arabia, but the visa office we want to apply through is the Pakistan one.

So do we need to fill out forms about BOTH countries?

or just Pakistan?

or just Saudi Arabia?

I have been reallyyyyy confused about this issue. My consultant has told me to hand in both, but somehow he hasn't explained it to me. I am really having doubts about him now, after reading soo much of these forums.

and Thank you once again :)

waitingintz

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
24-08-2010
Med's Done....
22-06-2010
Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
LANDED..........
19-5-2011 (hopefully!)
You follow the guide for the office that you are submitting your application with. It doesn't matter where you are living.

If you do not want to send original certificates, send in notarized copies. I wouldn't think it's likely she'd need to submit an original ever... the only original certificate I have from graduating university is a giant framed thing which I have never had to take anywhere. If they want originals, it would be of the transcripts (which you have to request from the school and usually pay for).