+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help

TDP

Nov 23, 2010
Hello everyone...I am an Indian national...presently in UK to do my Mphil for last two years and got a PhD offer in Canada with scholarship and have applied for visa from UK with all necessary documents.
My query is my form was received my the visa centre on 28 th of October, but I am yet to get back any kind of news from them.
Can anyone tell me how long does it take from UK for International Students like me and do they ask for medical or police verification.
My semester starts there in January , and I was planning to visit home before leaving for Canada in December. Now I am extremely tensed about getting the visa on time.
I would really appreciate any kind of information regarding this.

Thanks a lot in anticipation.

Have a great day ahead....

canadabest

Oct 4, 2010
hello TDP

my case is the same to you, my application delivered on 20 of October, still I haven't heard any thing.

blazinbeauties2002

Sep 3, 2010
@ TDP,

You are still within the average processing time. I guess the scholarship covers all your expenses icluding tuition, room and board, and other miscellenous. If you have been in the UK for a while you'll not require any medicals, but I'm sure you'll be asked to provide police clearance certificate. If you don't mind, could you list all the documents you sent, your course and the value of scholarship?

TDP

Nov 23, 2010
Thanks to both of you for such a prompt reply.

I am getting a full scholarship with living allowances and all....and have send documents such as Canadian University approval letter, Scholarship Letter, My 3 months bank documents, a short write up, and the usual application forms..

I was wondering even if they need a police verification, they should let us know about it asap.....

please keep updating about your visa status and I would also do the same....

TDP

Nov 23, 2010
another thing I was wondering ..why they would ask for police verification...as all my friends who went to canada in a student visa didnot need any police verification....and how long does the police verification takes....its so frustrating...:(

blazinbeauties2002

Sep 3, 2010
@ TDP

If I understand you well, you're a foreigner in the UK. The possibilities of requesting for a police clearance is high. I included it with my own application. You should be able to get your police certificate in 3-5days if you fast-track it. You can follow the link below.

www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

Good luck

TDP

Nov 23, 2010
Hi Blazin beauty...

thanks a lot for your help..you are an angel....:)...so do you suggest me to do the police verification before the visa officers even ask for to get ready with this......
thanks again...

blazinbeauties2002

Sep 3, 2010
@ TDP

Well, I will suggest you apply for it just in case you're asked to produce one, as this would save you time. And that's if you don't mind spending the money to get it. In addition, even if you are not asked to produce one, it would facilitate your entry to Canada, as it would serve as a proof of your clean criminal record or absence of conviction. Just to let you know, once your police clearance is submitted to CHC London, it would not be returned, so you can pay £5 to get an extra copy for keeps, along with the main one.

TDP

Nov 23, 2010
Blazin beuaties....

you rock......thanks dear...I would apply for one......please keep us posted abut your visa status....Good luck with that....TDP.

TDP

Nov 23, 2010
Congrats Blazin beauty....i am so happy for you...how long did it take for you to get the visa....

TDP

Nov 23, 2010
Thanks Blazin beauty.....You are really a helpful soul....I hope i get my visa or some news from them soon....u take care....