+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help

agmaa

Star Member
Feb 12, 2008
Hi all, here is my case
I used to have PR between 2008 and 2013, in which -for 11 months out of these five years- I was working for a Canadian company but from abroad and being paid my salary to my Canadian bank account and my company deducted taxes from my salary before depositing the rest to my bank account.

I lost my PR as I didn't stay 2 out of 5 years.

I successfully re-applied again and got the PR visa again in 2015 and did landing in Jan 2016.

Now, for these 11 months, do I have to do tax filing? putting in mine that (1) I was working outside Canada (2) Lost my previous PR. (3) My company already deducted taxes from salary.
If yes, how soon?

Thanks

AgMaA

agmaa

Star Member
Feb 12, 2008
thoughts please.

AgMaA

agmaa said:
Hi all, here is my case
I used to have PR between 2008 and 2013, in which -for 11 months out of these five years- I was working for a Canadian company but from abroad and being paid my salary to my Canadian bank account and my company deducted taxes from my salary before depositing the rest to my bank account.

I successfully re-applied again and got the PR visa again in 2015 and did landing in Jan 2016.

Now, for these 9 months, do I have to do tax filing? putting in mine that (1) I was working outside Canada (2) Lost my previous PR. (3) My company already deducted taxes from salary.
If yes, how soon?

Thanks

AgMaA

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
agmaa said:
Hi all, here is my case

Now, for these 9 months, do I have to do tax filing? putting in mine that (1) I was working outside Canada (2) Lost my previous PR. (3) My company already deducted taxes from salary.
If yes, how soon?

Thanks

AgMaA
Your post is a bit confusing. Which 9 months are you referring to? If you landed in Jan. 2016, then you will file taxes for the 2016 year, which are not due until April 2017.

agmaa

Star Member
Feb 12, 2008
My mistake mate, I'm refeering to the 11 months I was hired during my old PR time.

AgMaA

torontosm said:
Your post is a bit confusing. Which 9 months are you referring to? If you landed in Jan. 2016, then you will file taxes for the 2016 year, which are not due until April 2017.