+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help: You do not meet the minimum entry criteria

nitinsha85

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Hi all,

I need your expert views and suggestions for the response i got after submitting my profile:

I have applied for express entry program with the below details

I am the Primary Applicant (Single)
Age 31

Money bringing to Canada: 12000 CAD

Primary occupation code 2171
Total experience 7 years

IELTS score (Jan 2017)
Listening – 7.5
Reading – 7.0
Writing – 6.5
Speaking – 7.0

Overall band score CLB – 7

I also provided my ECA certificate number.

After submitting my profile I received a message in my CIC account saying I am not eligible for express entry.
Although Come to Canada tool gave the result as eligible to apply.

Based on the information you gave in your profile, you do not appear to meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs at the moment. Below are a few examples of why a candidate will be found ineligible:

• not having a valid language test
• language test results that are more than two years old
• a language test score that is too low
• not having enough relevant work experience
• not having the required education level
• not having enough funds

If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you can take steps to improve your qualifications and register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a higher level of education.

Would really appreciate if someone can guide me, of where what went wrong.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: tristonz

girishjs111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Mumbai
I faced the exact same problem.

They have recently updated the money to be brought to Canada for a single applicant from 12000 to 12300

So I created a new application with funds shown as 12300 and the issue was sorted!

To be on the safer side, I mentioned 13000 instead of 12300 later so that incase they increase the amount again, it isn't an issue

nitinsha85

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016

They have recently updated the money to be brought to Canada for a single applicant from 12000 to 12300

So I created a new application with funds shown as 12300 and the issue was sorted!
Thanks for the Reply, so it means that I have to create a new express entry profile with new email ID or can i update the same profile where I had mentioned the amount?

girishjs111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Thanks for the Reply, so it means that I have to create a new express entry profile with new email ID or can i update the same profile where I had mentioned the amount?
Nope. Login with the same credentials. And create a new express entry profile. Like u did the first time.

When I login now, I can see two applications: the one that was not eligible (doesn't matter now) and the one that has all correct details ( and which will be used in the pool)

So no need of creating a new profile with a new email ID

nitinsha85

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Nope. Login with the same credentials. And create a new express entry profile. Like u did the first time.

When I login now, I can see two applications: the one that was not eligible (doesn't matter now) and the one that has all correct details ( and which will be used in the pool)

So no need of creating a new profile with a new email ID
Ok Thanks, but apart from the Money, are rest of the information alright to atleast giving me a CRS score?

girishjs111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Mumbai
If you were scoring > 67/100 then it shouldn't be a problem!

Funds was the only issue I could find.

All the best with your application!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada

To be on the safer side, I mentioned 13000 instead of 12300 later so that incase they increase the amount again, it isn't an issue
12,300 CAD has been the requirement for a while now. They did not update it recently.

nitinsha85

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Yes Guys, Money was the reason for the not eligible. created another profile and updated the amount section to 13000 CAD and profile got submitted.

Thanks..