+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please HELP-quebec skilled worker CSQ

rocknroll

Aug 17, 2007
Hi, I am a new member of this forum and would highly appreciate your advices/suggestions.
My sister and brother-in law who are citizens of India and currently live in New delhi, India are interested in applying for a CSQ and further apply for canada immigration as quebec selected nominees.
They passed the online assessment test on the website, but we have a few questions now:
1. what are the chances of acceptance through quebec-selected immigration VERSUS the federal skilled worker process.
2. Both of them dont know French, does this play a major role in the outcome of the CSQ decision.
3. I checked the process of applying on the website, and it looks pretty straight forward. Is ther really a need to hire some immigration consultant.
4. Can you also please summarize the whole process as the acronyms being used in this thread do not make much sense to me.

You all seem to be quite knowledgeable and I look forward to your inputs and other points we need to be extra careful for.

edgy555

Aug 21, 2007
I can offer you my thoughts and impressions, based on my experience (received a CSQ in June.)

1. The Quebec process is slightly different and geared toward Quebec. The best way to see if you'd qualify under the Quebec process is to user their form, which lets you add up the points you'd receive under the Quebec process.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.asp

2. I'm told my French is "advanced intermediate" (by professors and language school administrators.) I still don't feel like I speak it at all, but sometimes I'm surprised at how much I can understand. In any case, a basic knowledge of French -- while not strictly necessary (according to Quebec immigration) does seem to be a presumption. At the appointment for my interview, I was greeted in French and we spent the first 15 minutes speaking in French. The rest of the interview -- maybe 30 minutes was in English. I was told that they can't reject you just for not knowing French, but you'd have to make up a lot of points if you didn't. In my case, I have a Bachelors and have worked in an in-demand occupation for 10 years and I don't think I would have had enough points without a basic understanding of French. The very nice man who interviewed me seemed to be content with the fact that I could read and fill out forms written in French.

Everything is on a points basis though different from the federal process. You get points for being able to speak fluent English, but not as many as you would in the federal process. The entire Quebec process -- in my opinion -- seems to be geared toward whether you really want to live in Quebec and how well you'd do there. The interview was pretty easy-going for me, though the woman before me was told to reapply when her French was better (I assume she needed the extra points.)

3. The process is straightforward. I didn't hire anyone, I just followed the instructions. In fact, I guess I followed them too well, as I delayed my application until I had all the documents (my interviewer was surprised at how many originals I included with my application -- instead of bringing them to the interview.)

4. The process basically goes like this: a) Send in Quebec application and fees, b) it is reviewed and your are told you will be called for an interview or that it has been waived, c) interview (if applicable) d) CSQ e) take CSQ and send it, with the federal application (including police certificates) and fees to the Canadian consulate, f) they advise you to get a medical done g) they ask for your passport and h) return it with your permanent residence visa.

Hope this helps.

faisy

May 1, 2008
Hi,
I want to know that what is your nationality and to which region you had applied for Quebec Immigration also tell me what is the time duration of your immigration.

M Faisal Ali
faisy_pycon@yahoo.com

aspirant90

May 1, 2008
edgy555,

i am still confused. once an applicant is choosen by quebec, is there a chance that he or she will be called for an interview by federal immigration authorities or highly unlikely?

jadeblue

Mar 3, 2009
Nope. My brother got the went for the interview, then he got a CSQ. After which he had to submit his medical tests and fees for the PR visa. Once you land in Canada, they'll take your address down and send you your PR card.

genona

Apr 29, 2011
Uae
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - sub to montreal FEDERAL - sub to VO ABUDhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Aug -16-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/09/2012 App received by CIC 11/03/2013 IN PROCESS
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
march 2013
Interview........
JULY 13, 2012( csq received)
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
edgy555 said:
I can offer you my thoughts and impressions, based on my experience (received a CSQ in June.)

1. The Quebec process is slightly different and geared toward Quebec. The best way to see if you'd qualify under the Quebec process is to user their form, which lets you add up the points you'd receive under the Quebec process.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.asp

2. I'm told my French is "advanced intermediate" (by professors and language school administrators.) I still don't feel like I speak it at all, but sometimes I'm surprised at how much I can understand. In any case, a basic knowledge of French -- while not strictly necessary (according to Quebec immigration) does seem to be a presumption. At the appointment for my interview, I was greeted in French and we spent the first 15 minutes speaking in French. The rest of the interview -- maybe 30 minutes was in English. I was told that they can't reject you just for not knowing French, but you'd have to make up a lot of points if you didn't. In my case, I have a Bachelors and have worked in an in-demand occupation for 10 years and I don't think I would have had enough points without a basic understanding of French. The very nice man who interviewed me seemed to be content with the fact that I could read and fill out forms written in French.

Everything is on a points basis though different from the federal process. You get points for being able to speak fluent English, but not as many as you would in the federal process. The entire Quebec process -- in my opinion -- seems to be geared toward whether you really want to live in Quebec and how well you'd do there. The interview was pretty easy-going for me, though the woman before me was told to reapply when her French was better (I assume she needed the extra points.)

3. The process is straightforward. I didn't hire anyone, I just followed the instructions. In fact, I guess I followed them too well, as I delayed my application until I had all the documents (my interviewer was surprised at how many originals I included with my application -- instead of bringing them to the interview.)

4. The process basically goes like this: a) Send in Quebec application and fees, b) it is reviewed and your are told you will be called for an interview or that it has been waived, c) interview (if applicable) d) CSQ e) take CSQ and send it, with the federal application (including police certificates) and fees to the Canadian consulate, f) they advise you to get a medical done g) they ask for your passport and h) return it with your permanent residence visa.

Hope this helps

hi, i just wanted ro ask if i can change my vo? instead of abudhabi, canit be in phils? i just got my csq