+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help...need some advice...

PFC1986

Apr 29, 2015
Good afternoon, I am new here on this forum...I have a couple of questions that I need help with...I have been dating a girl for 4 years, last week we got married in Serbia...I am a Canadian citizen while she is a Serbian citizen...she has been in Canada twice as a tourist (got approved for a 10 year visa)I am leaving back to Canada tomorrow and I dont know what to do...since she is my wife should I do the paperwork from Canada and let her wait in Serbia (heard the process is roughly 17 months) or should I sponsor her and get her to come to Canada with her tourist visa and then fill out papers for her and wait...please need some expert advise..much appreciated...

d_j_heckford

Feb 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt Decision Made: 26-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
Its entirely up to you really. Though inland takes longer, your wife can apply for permit enabling her to work while application takes place. This will allow you both to stay together while the application is on going. Just remember you got a real long wait for inland. Outland does generally go faster yes and can be approved much quicker so if all goes well her PR will be granted and she can land as a full fledged resident with all the rights of a Canadian with exceptions of things like voting and stuff. Cons obviously you won't see each other as much and go through all the heart ache of missing one another. So pick what you think sounds right. I am here in the UK with my wife who's british. I am canadian on spousal visa and i have an application to sponsor them to canada taking place. Since my visa is expiring August there is still a chance i'll have to leave without them myself but if all goes well they shouldn't be far behind me. Good luck to you.

PFC1986

Apr 29, 2015
Ty for the reply...if we chose the option inland will she be able to leave the country for emergency (her mom is sick) or will she have to wait until she gets all her papers done...do you know how long roughly the wait is inland?

Broliee

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2015
AOR Received.
20-01-2015
File Transfer...
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
03-01-2015
From what I've been reading, inland applications are taking roughly two years. I believe they advise you to stay in Canada while you're waiting for everything to go through but someone can correct me if that's wrong.

d_j_heckford

Feb 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt Decision Made: 26-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
Well from the website it states 27 months pending everything is in order. They "advise" ya stay inland during the application process because if you leave the country and attempt re-entry and the cbsa refuse entry and return ya back to your country.. it will hinder your application. your wife having a 10 year valid stamp to enter the country should help her re-enter but its never a guarantee. You can def. wait till she's done visiting her mom and have all the files in order ready for submission upon her return.

PFC1986

Apr 29, 2015
Thank you everyone for responding...we have decided to go with inland visa...i am going to wait roughly till july 1st to apply (once she comes to canada)..i heard inland can take up to 2 years but at least she can go to school...while outland is little less waiting but being away from each other is just too hard...

Celandrius

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11th. 2014
AOR Received.
SA- August, 28th, 2014
File Transfer...
August 28th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
April 23rd, 2015
LANDED..........
April 28th, 2015
If she has a 10 year Visa, she should be able to stay in Canada with you even during an Outland application. Just extend her visit when need be. So that I know that's how it works for any visit? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though, but I'm pretty sure you can.

mrcanada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Most of the people that I personally know from Serbia, were able to get PR outland within 5 or 6 months. Everything goes through Vienna office.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Keep in mind that you can apply outland from within Canada, to take advantage of the faster processing times.

PFC1986

Apr 29, 2015
So you are telling me that I can do outland application, and she can still come and visit Canada? I know couple of cases where people waited up to 18 months, and both of us do not have the nerves to wait 18 months seperated, thats why we were thinking of doing inland application. Lets say she comes to Canada and we do the inland application how long is the wait roughly for a job permit?

mrcanada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
It looks like it takes about 4 months to get the OWP under the new pilot project. You can apply outland even if she is with you in Canada, she just can't work. Like I said before I know people from Serbia who got their PR in 5 or 6 months when applying outland.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
PFC1986 said:
So you are telling me that I can do outland application, and she can still come and visit Canada? I know couple of cases where people waited up to 18 months, and both of us do not have the nerves to wait 18 months seperated, thats why we were thinking of doing inland application. Lets say she comes to Canada and we do the inland application how long is the wait roughly for a job permit?
Yes, you can do Outland and she can still visit Canada, or travel freely. Idk if Serbia is a visa-exempt country though? Does she have to apply to visit Canada? If not she can just come "visit" until the application is done, making sure that she extends her visitor visa when it's about to expire. For visa-exempt countries, that is normally 6 months, and they almost always extend visitor visas for people who have PR applications in process.

If MrCanada is right and Serbia is only taking 5-6 months, you would be done in a fraction of the time it would take to apply Inland, and you two could be together with her on a visitor visa until she receives PR.