+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help.. need advice on TRV application

KG1019

Aug 12, 2011
Hello everyone,

I am a student who is to graduate in december. I am in serious search for jobs. One of the very good positions is in Canada. I would like to schedule the interview date for it ASAP. So, I would like to get my VISA as well soon. I am in a dilemma as to whether I should apply in-person or mail? I live in Florida, so none of the embassies are nearby in order to apply in-person. I have to fly to Buffalo, NYC, Washington DC, or Detroit.

I have been following this forum for the past 2 weeks. It seems like applying in person is highly recommended. Buffalo office seems to be swamped. Applying to Buffalo in-person or mail does not seem to be a valid option. So, I chose Detroit. In-person application is highly risky for me. Because I have to give my employer an interview date. If I dont get my VISA within that date then it will not be good. But, with mail the time process can be much longer - probably even months.

So, did anyone have any recent experience with Detroit embassy - either in-person or mail application? Can you please give me an idea of approximate processing times? This would really help me make a good decision.

Advice or tips of any sort will be greatly appreciated!