+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help my question on Form IMM5481 and Form IMM5540

smile1212

Oct 28, 2014
1. My husband who is Canadian citizen living in HK with me since we have married for 10 years. He will be sponsor to my PR application. He has retired since 2009 and will be 60 years old by mid Dec this year. When we fill in Form IMM5481 Sponsorship Evaluation, we fill in the fact that he is 'unemployed' with the details we fill in 'he has retired since 2009; he has owned the property we are living in, has retirement savings, and the wife (me) is still working'. Is it enough or should we provide further evidence to support my husband's getting approval as sponsor?

2. Another question, at the bottom of the Form 5481 it mentions 'Make sure you include with your application the original Option-C printout ......'. Do we need to submit this Option-C printout in our situation where my husband is unemployed and has been outside of Canada without need to pay Canadian tax for the past years?

3. on Form 5540, Question 11 - Are you currently living in Canada?
so in our case, we choose 'No' answer, and then the follow on questions including,

>> When do you plan to return to Canada to resume residency?
we fill in a date 'January 1st, 2016' - does it make sense?
we check for HK application the processing time is around 8 months to one year, we should have all documents ready and submit application by Dec 1st this year and so assume January 1st 2016 to return.

>> Provide proof of your intention to re-establish in Canada. Any other ideas for proof?
as described above, my husband has retired, he will be 60 years old by mid December; he does not have any of those documents suggested on the Form for proof (the suggestions on the Form including job offer in Canada, employment contract in Canada, letter of acceptance by educational institution in Canada, property rental agreement, property deed, mortgage on property)

>> Give details of your plans to re-establish yourself in Canada? Any tips for key points to cover here?
my husband loves the environment and the living pace in Canada, so he is returning to Canada for retirement life when I get my PR.
should we describe our plans around transferring our assets/financial ownership in HK to Canada? what is expected in this question regarding plans for re-establishing in Canada?

Thanks a lot! :)

LN9714

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
AOR Received.