+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help me

cmfugen

Apr 18, 2006
hi pmm

thanks for your valuable guidance. i noted the points suggested by you. i dint understand one thing that before the birth of the baby how can i inform the addition of a new family member, after the birth only i can inform the cic regarding the new addition.

by informing the about the new addition of family member can we move to canada. in the information brouchure they suggested that if any addtion is there please inform us immediately but now i cant inform them till the baby get born.

please suggest the best possible ways that we can safely land with my pregnant wife and she can go through the delivery process without much troubles.

finally it is that by leaving my wife here in india can i move to canada right now and my wife will follow me after the delivery of the baby in india and then we will sponsor for baby, is it possible? if not what are the other ways?

please help me i am going through a very confusing situation including my wife.

thank you
chandra

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cmfugen said:
hi pmm

thanks for your valuable guidance. i noted the points suggested by you. i dint understand one thing that before the birth of the baby how can i inform the addition of a new family member, after the birth only i can inform the cic regarding the new addition.

YOu would have to wait for the birth obviously before you can inform CIC.

by informing the about the new addition of family member can we move to canada. in the information brouchure they suggested that if any addtion is there please inform us immediately but now i cant inform them till the baby get born.

No, ONce the child is born and you have not "landed" then your visas are invalid, and you must add the child to the application and have it "examined"

please suggest the best possible ways that we can safely land with my pregnant wife and she can go through the delivery process without much troubles.

finally it is that by leaving my wife here in india can i move to canada right now and my wife will follow me after the delivery of the baby in india and then we will sponsor for baby, is it possible? if not what are the other ways?

Yes., but you would have to land prior to the birth and your wife would have to follow within the validity of her visa.

please help me i am going through a very confusing situation including my wife.

thank you
chandra
PMM

amadouyass

Jul 21, 2009
i need some urgent help, me and my wife we got the immigration visas, its valid until the 27th of december, beginning of this month, we knew that my wife is pregnant and she will deliver in marsh 2nd, we were about to travel, but the doctor said dont travel in the first trimester, we canceled our trip for landing in Montreal, now we are thinking about traveling in December so we can stay 2-3 month before my wife delivers our first baby. my question is, do we have any problem entering Montreal/Quebec in december? do they will say anything because my wife is pregnant? do i have to inform the immigration office of the embassy in my country? one more question, if my wife delivers in Montreal, then the baby will have the citizenship? i hope to get some help as soon as possible.

thank you.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
amadouyass said:
i need some urgent help, me and my wife we got the immigration visas, its valid until the 27th of december, beginning of this month, we knew that my wife is pregnant and she will deliver in marsh 2nd, we were about to travel, but the doctor said dont travel in the first trimester, we canceled our trip for landing in Montreal, now we are thinking about traveling in December so we can stay 2-3 month before my wife delivers our first baby. my question is, do we have any problem entering Montreal/Quebec in december? no, but it's going to be terribly cold at that time do they will say anything because my wife is pregnant? no do i have to inform the immigration office of the embassy in my country? not unless you plan to travel after the visas expireone more question, if my wife delivers in Montreal, then the baby will have the citizenship? yes i hope to get some help as soon as possible.

thank you.
answers in bold

KayCee2

Star Member
Jul 10, 2008
Sorry, i am only just getting your message you sent to my inbox.

First of all, congratulations on your upcoming addition to your family!

To answer your questions:
1. my question is, do we have any problem entering Montreal/Quebec in december?
No, you will not have any problem entering Montreal, as long as your visa is specifically for the Quebec program not the FSW...

2. do they will say anything because my wife is pregnant? do i have to inform the immigration office of the embassy in my country?
No, it is not their business that your wife is pregnant. She is still one person! and she has a valid visa, so don't worry!! :) Just make sure you land before the visa expires and before she gives birth to your baby....

3. one more question, if my wife delivers in Montreal, then the baby will have the citizenship?
Yes, if your child is born in Canada, the baby is a Canadian citizen! That's wonderful!

Also, I think you should travel as soon as possible so that you and your wife can apply for your medical card and get it before the baby comes since there is a 3 month waiting period for the medical card. If not, you'll not be covered by the govt and you'll have to pay the medical fees from your pocket.

Again, congratulations on getting your visa and on your upcoming addition.... I hope you land soon! Bienvenue!