+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me with my Study Permit!

UB_Aquazon

Feb 22, 2017
Hello!

I have received funding for 1 year from my university which is more than the 'Estimated cost of living' given by the university. It was also said that normally this is extended for the second year too based on the performance. If someone can help me with my queries regarding study permit, I will be extremely thankful to them:

1] Should I show proof of funds for the second year or is it not required?
2] Also, normally it is recommend to pay the first semester tuition prior to application for study permit as this will prove you are a bonafide student. What should I do in this case to prove myself a bonafide student?
3] Should I still transfer funds to a GIC account prior to application, if yes, how much?

In short, my question would be that how should I go about the Proof of Funds clause during my Study Permit application?

Thanks in advance.

mandeep62

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
UB_Aquazon said:
Hello!

I have received funding for 1 year from my university which is more than the 'Estimated cost of living' given by the university. It was also said that normally this is extended for the second year too based on the performance. If someone can help me with my queries regarding study permit, I will be extremely thankful to them:

1] Should I show proof of funds for the second year or is it not required?
2] Also, normally it is recommend to pay the first semester tuition prior to application for study permit as this will prove you are a bonafide student. What should I do in this case to prove myself a bonafide student?
3] Should I still transfer funds to a GIC account prior to application, if yes, how much?

In short, my question would be that how should I go about the Proof of Funds clause during my Study Permit application?

Thanks in advance.
I assume you have received funding for paying tuition fees if that's the case, you can pay 6 months tuition fee and get receipt from university. Also, deposit 10,200 CAD in your GIC. Also, show ITRs of your family, and attach any property evaluations of family.

UB_Aquazon

Feb 22, 2017
mandeep62 said:
I assume you have received funding for paying tuition fees if that's the case, you can pay 6 months tuition fee and get receipt from university. Also, deposit 10,200 CAD in your GIC. Also, show ITRs of your family, and attach any property evaluations of family.
Thank you so much mandeep62 for your reply.

The funding amount I received suffices the living expenses along with tuition fees.

About paying 6 months fees, the university said once you arrive, you'll have your SIN generated and then payroll deduction will happen from the funding amount towards tuition fees.

mandeep62

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
UB_Aquazon said:
Thank you so much mandeep62 for your reply.

The funding amount I received suffices the living expenses along with tuition fees.

About paying 6 months fees, the university said once you arrive, you'll have your SIN generated and then payroll deduction will happen from the funding amount towards tuition fees.
Then Just go ahead with your GIC. If possible, transfer funds in your GIC from your own funding. Keep University funding aside and show it to the embassy. Rest, depending upon your background, show other things.