+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help me proving work experience

aspirant90

May 1, 2008
I am aspiring to immigrate in Canada. With regards to my work experience, I have worked as graphics artist in a very small graphics design business in a rural town in northern Philippines. I worked for about 2 years in this business owned by my friend. I had started to work there the same time when he opened this small business.

I found out that graphics designer/artist is one of the occupations under the selection criteria. My concern is that, how should I prove my 2-year working experience? In my 2 years of working, I had no payslips (owner just pay in cash), no income tax return and no social security/national health insurance contributions made by my employer (typical established business here in the Philippines pay part the social security and health insurance of its employees). There was also no written work contract and if there was any, it was made "orally". The very reasons are first, the business has just started and its very small (single proprietorship) and the owner cannot afford yet to go through all the formalities of the business. I understand that the owner has not focused on these benefits that period but just on the business. What am I describing in my situation is that this is typical business scenario here in rural Philippines.

Please guide me.

noor20020

May 1, 2008
please help me proving work experience
« on: May 01, 2008, 02:18:29 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
I am aspiring to immigrate in Canada. With regards to my work experience, I have complet dabloma
computer seinse and administrator network from microsoft now iam study information technology last yeare in india in a rural town in sudan.
my mail muadsu22@yaghoo.com

mazingrZ

May 13, 2008
aspirant90 said:
i didn't say proving education experience, but proving WORK experience!
Just provide them with an employment certificate on the company's letter head outlining the work you have done and the duration of your work.

noor20020,

i think you should concentrate on proving your english or french language abilities first.

shezi

Mar 6, 2008
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hi ,noor20020

i think you have to visit CIC web site (http://www.cic.gc.ca/) there you can get more information and self assesment test would help you more
cheers..

gurdeep

Star Member
Sep 25, 2007
aspirant90 said:
I am aspiring to immigrate in Canada. With regards to my work experience, I have worked as graphics artist in a very small graphics design business in a rural town in northern Philippines. I worked for about 2 years in this business owned by my friend. I had started to work there the same time when he opened this small business.

I found out that graphics designer/artist is one of the occupations under the selection criteria. My concern is that, how should I prove my 2-year working experience? In my 2 years of working, I had no payslips (owner just pay in cash), no income tax return and no social security/national health insurance contributions made by my employer (typical established business here in the Philippines pay part the social security and health insurance of its employees). There was also no written work contract and if there was any, it was made "orally". The very reasons are first, the business has just started and its very small (single proprietorship) and the owner cannot afford yet to go through all the formalities of the business. I understand that the owner has not focused on these benefits that period but just on the business. What am I describing in my situation is that this is typical business scenario here in rural Philippines.

Please guide me.
Hi

Ask your friend to make an experience certificate on his company letterhead-or under what name he is doing this business. They will accept that. Even if you worked as a freelancer you can give a statement of your work, that will be considered as work experience. In the case of freelance, it is better to get recomendation letters from your clients stating that you did some jobs for their firm and that was satisfactory.

Best Wishes