+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help Me! PR CARD RENEWAL APPLICATION..

Fadisl

Jan 19, 2015
Hello everyone, I entered Canada with a PRTD and they told me to wait 2 years and then apply for PR card. I applied after 756 days. So my story is that I applied on the 27 Feb 2017. I received an email on May 02, 2017 that additional documents needed(entry-exit record+photocopies for all passports in the last 5 years). NOTE THAT THEY DIDN'T MENTION THAT IT WAS SENT FOR A SECOND REVIEW. I sent all the documents and they received them on June 01, 2017. I called after 2 months, they told that there is a note that we received the 25th of July, 2017 and your application was sent back to queue and since that time, every time I call CIC they tell me that I have to wait. So is there anybody have any idea on what's happening plz? Because my case logically that I met the RO because in the last 2 years I don't have any pr card or US visa and right now I'm in Canada so logically I didn't left Canada so why it was sent for a 2nd review. So plz if somebody can help me in this I'll really appreciate it. And is there any chance to get my pr card before Christmas? Thank you in advance.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment but if I read correctly you were told you are back in the queue as of July 25th so can only assume that you will need to wait out the current quoted processing time of 63 days from that date. That just my guess anyway.

Fadisl

Jan 19, 2015
Nope there no stamp except when I entered Canada. But I'm the only one from my family who was granted a PRTD because I was minor and all my family lost their status.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Because you are just over the RO your appication gets examined more closely. That is fairly standard. Also due to the fact that you only got the PRTD because you were a minor when your family didn't meet the RO your application might also get a second look.

Fadisl

Jan 19, 2015
Thank so much for your replies. I really appreciate it. So probably do you know how long can take approximately? Because some people say that it takes usually up to 1 year.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes up to a year probably but it is case dependent so could be shorter could be longer. Given that you haven't travelled hopefully it might be shorter.

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Does it really matter to them if someone has couple of Entry/Exit stamps of the Middle east on the passport

Fadisl

Jan 19, 2015
Thanks for your reply. But I didn't get your point...? And btw 1.5 years from 27 feb 2017 or May 02?
I have also one more question so on March 01,2018 I will be eligble for the citizenship so I can apply for it while my pr card application still in process?? Thank you in advance.

luic

Feb 27, 2016
Thanks for your reply. But I didn't get your point...? And btw 1.5 years from 27 feb 2017 or May 02?
I have also one more question so on March 01,2018 I will be eligble for the citizenship so I can apply for it while my pr card application still in process?? Thank you in advance.
Yes, you can apply for citizenship when the card in process and if you get it before the PR card is issued, you should be able to get refund for the PR fees. This is what I understood after contacting CIC about the same question